Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-24-2012, 10:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 146/146/135

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs up Hello to all!

I wanted to pop in and say hello! I used to be on so many forums when I was a teen and this feels so new again to introduce myself!

I'm 25 years old and I have had this constant on and off again diet thing going on since I was 14 or 15. I finally thought I defeated the cycle when I was in college and I lost about 30 pounds through Weight Watchers and exercising. I'm slightly embarassed to say that the year and a half I was at goal was probably the most comfortable I have ever felt with myself. Unfortunatly, going from a pretty carefree college student to becoming a full time special ed teacher at a very stressful school (staff, not the kids) and part time grad student kind of put that to a hault. It was way harder to eat healthy and exercise religiously once i had 11+ hours days and had to fit in homework too. I have gained about 15 pounds since, despite becoming more active than I have ever been from getting in to roller derby (I don't play, but I started skating my *** off with the league i officiate for, skating with other girls at any outdoor hockey rinks we could find, and speed skating). I know 15 doesn't seem like a lot, but I perfer instilling good habits now when I'm younger with less weight to lose and making this a lifestyle I can carry on for the rest of my life.

Now I am teaching at a way less stressful school, in my final semester of grad school, and training to become a roller derby referee and hoping to finally be able to play for my local recreational league. I am also working hard at maintaining balance in my life, since I have a tendancy to let work and school take up too much of it. This year is/has been definitly cray cray, but I am determined to complete my goals and finally get to a happy weight FOR GOOD. I am also inspired because my dad recently was diagnosed with prostate cancer and thankfully was able to have it removed. I have never had anyone so close to me get sick so it has for sure kicked my *** in to wanting to reach my goals more than ever.

I hope I can make some friends, get some support and give some support in return.

BootyWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:41 AM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome! So glad that you are here! You will receive a ton of support on this site.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:07 PM   #3  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

I'm sure you will reach your goal in no time at all. This is a great site; you will like it here. Jump right in and enjoy yourself ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote