Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-22-2012, 11:43 AM   #1  

Height: 5'10"

Unhappy Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired

Hi there! My name is Erica, and I just registered here today. I was reading through some of the forums, and this seems like a great place to give and receive encouragement.

I've got about 100 pounds to lose. This is a goal that could be accomplished in a year's time, but I'm severely lacking in the motivation department. I have been losing (and gaining back) the same 10 pounds for years. In fact, I've been on Jenny Craig for nearly 2 years now, and am at the same weight I was when I started!

I know what it takes to lose to weight, and the program I'm on works...it's just that I have problems sticking to it. I do great for a week or two, then it's back to my old eating habits. Food is definitely an addiction and a crutch for me. I'm just fed up with myself for not sticking with this and wasting all my time and money.

I've enjoyed reading through the forums. I'm seeing people reach their goals and sticking to their program, and I hope some of that will rub off on me. I refuse to give up!

EricaJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:45 AM   #2  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaJane View Post
Hi there! My name is Erica, and I just registered here today. I was reading through some of the forums, and this seems like a great place to give and receive encouragement.

I've got about 100 pounds to lose. This is a goal that could be accomplished in a year's time, but I'm severely lacking in the motivation department. I have been losing (and gaining back) the same 10 pounds for years. In fact, I've been on Jenny Craig for nearly 2 years now, and am at the same weight I was when I started!

I know what it takes to lose to weight, and the program I'm on works...it's just that I have problems sticking to it. I do great for a week or two, then it's back to my old eating habits. Food is definitely an addiction and a crutch for me. I'm just fed up with myself for not sticking with this and wasting all my time and money.

I've enjoyed reading through the forums. I'm seeing people reach their goals and sticking to their program, and I hope some of that will rub off on me. I refuse to give up!

You just have to find something that will work for YOU! I find it hard to stay on something if I'm absolutely miserable & that makes me want to go off plan even more. I used to do calorie counting & I would lose the same 20-30lbs and then gain it back & then have to restart; but now I've found a program that is super strict [but that's what I NEEDED] so it's been a God send for me You just have to get into your own groove! We're ALL here if you need to talk or just wanna chat You can PM me anytime! YOU can DO this! YOU just have to know YOU'RE worth it!
omgzitsmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:48 AM   #3  

Height: 5'4"

Welcome! This is a great place for me to find encouragement and motivation. I too lack in the motivation department lately, i used to be 100% into my dieting and exercising and in the past 2 years have failed at both. I lost 15 lbs. a year ago and gained +5 Like you, i know what i need to do, I'm back on Weight Watchers and it's going well but i need the push to get moving and exercise.

We can do this, read the different boards, I believe there is a section for Jenny Craig if you look at the list Once again welcome, you will love it here!
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:35 PM   #4  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Start with small steps and even when you make a mistake, just keep on going. Don't be too overly strict: start with cutting out 1) junkies 2) fast foods 3) sugary pop and juices. Replace them with fruit, veggies, salad, lf milk, etc.

This is a great place for support and ideas; come back often and take advantage of it ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:57 PM   #5  
Pinup extraordinaire!

S/C/G: 273/232.4/165

Height: 5'8"

Agreed, you should find out what works for you. I am on Weight Watchers and it's amazing for me. I've lost 37 pounds in around 4 months. I was in need of losing 100 pounds when I started as well. I know at times it can feel extremely daunting, but you can do it!
tessendicott is offline   Reply With Quote