Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-22-2012, 02:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Default Hello :)

Hi, I'm Alison and I'm a new member here. I'm 20 years old and a college student. At my heaviest, I was about 255 pounds. Two years ago I decided that it was time to get serious about my weight loss. My lowest weight since then has been 198, which I achieved in August of 2011. Unfortunately, since then I have gained some of it back, and am now back up to 215 pounds. I joined Weight Watchers yesterday, and am hoping that it will teach me proper eating habits so that I can be healthy for the rest of my life. I decided to join the site because my mom was a frequent visitor here years ago during her own weight loss journey, and it helped her a lot. All of my friends here at college are thin and have no idea what I'm going through. The only person I know who can relate to my struggle is my mother, and she has been a great support system for me, but I figured that more wouldn't hurt either. So, I hope to get to know some of you guys and we can all support each other through our journeys
alisonfaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:41 AM   #2  

Hey Alison! I'm pretty new myself (been on the site a few weeks or thereabouts and working on losing weight for about a month now), but I've definitely found that people are extremely friendly and motivating here! I will say that it's easier to just look around and jump into threads on specific topics. Best of luck on your journey!
essbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:50 AM   #3  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the forum! You will get a ton of support on this forum! Best of luck to you.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:34 AM   #4  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Allison, welcome, glad to have you join us. I suggest you look for a Challenge or Support group to join; small check-in groups make it easier to connect, get involved, and be accountable. We have groups centering around specific diet plans, themes, or age groups, so find one that inspires you and just post to join. Be sure to check out the WW and 20-somethings.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote