Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-11-2012, 09:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/229/115

Height: 5'2"

Default No more hiding

Hi,

My name's Sirena. I'm 17 years old. I haven't been over weight all my life, but since I was always criticised, I always had self esteem issues. I was very active growing up, played sports, took gymnastics, jazz, tap, ballet, etc. But then I just stopped all of it. And that's when my weight really took a turn for the worst. Every year I swore I'd lose it, I kept telling myself "I have 4 more years till I'm 18, I don't have to worry about it now." "I have 3 more years till I'm 18, I don't have to worry about it now." But now, it's only 9 months away. And I just want to finally be happy and accept myself. I want to be healthy and active again. The biggest I've ever gotten to was 235lbs, and that was a huge wake up call. Knowing I'm so young and did this to myself. So I want to get my life back, I want to not be insecure anymore. Because I do want to do the things teenagers are supposed to do, and my insecurities and my weight are holding me back from that. My boyfriend and I recently broke up, and I realized, if I can't love myself, I can't let myself love anyone else. So it's time to focus on me and get my life straight before getting involved with anyone else. I'd appreciate support, and hearing success stories, and I'd love to give support too
SirenaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:45 PM   #2  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Sirena, glad to have you join us. I suggest you look for a Challenge or Support group to join; small check-in groups make it easier to connect, get involved, and be accountable. We have groups centering around specific diets, themes, or age groups, find one that inspires you and just post to join!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Welcome!

That's right! Focus! And one of the ways you can keep your head in the right place is to check in here a couple of times a day. Find a couple of threads and keep in touch. We're glad you're here.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 303/261/210

Height: 6'2"

Glad to here your doing something about it like the rest us. Just keep your head up and dont let anyone get in your way
Joshua E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 256/See ticker/Healthier!

Height: 5'6"

Welcome! Sounds like you have the idea. You have to love yourself. Good luck in finding your path to being healthy!
packgirl is offline   Reply With Quote