Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-07-2011, 01:28 AM   #1  

Default Crying over my fat in NY

Hi friends,

I've been average weight and fit until I gave birth to my second child 19 years ago. After that, I just started eating poorly, too much junk food, too much sugar and breads which only made me crave more. My family never criticizes me for my weight gain, and honestly it never bothered me. I'm turning 50 at the end of the month, my son is getting married next summer and I feel like I miss the fit me. The last few months, all of a sudden, I hated leaving the house, I hated getting my hair done etc because I felt I was too fat to have nice hair or to be seen out in public among slimmer people. I know it sounds crazy, but I'm just being honest. I'm currently 213 lbs on a 5'4" medium frame.

I've been on Cymbalta for a few years for depression/anxiety and was told being on anti-depressants makes it difficult to lose weight. I haven't started menopause yet, but I also heard that menopause can slow weight-loss. These things are very discouraging.

I'm in generally good health in spite of my weight, but my blood pressure was high-normal. I need to lose weight to get it back to mid-normal.

Today I bought a pair of running sneakers to start jogging with my dog every evening. He also can afford to lose a few pounds, so it'll benefit both of us.

I'm a young-at-heart woman who used to love to do yoga and long-distance running, but that was 20 years ago when I didn't have the belly fat. I want to do those things again. VERY BADLY.

I've been fat for so long that it's hard to believe I can ever be slimmer and fit again. But I can either cry over it or try to do something about it.

Tomorrow I'm making a graph to monitor weight changes. I know what I have to do to lose the weight theoretically. It just has to sink in that at my age my body will cooperate and that it's not too late for me.

Thanks for reading this. You're all inspirations for me.

Susanna
SusannaIsTooFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:39 AM   #2  
This time, it's forever..

S/C/G: 187/154/120

Height: 5'6

Quote:
But I can either cry over it or try to do something about it.
------< THIS let's me know that you are serious and commited to be the young, fit woman you are on the inside!

Well done for taking the first step. Have a look around the site. Here you will find advice, inspiration and the best of all support through everything.

Have a blessed week
melodymist is offline   Reply With Quote