Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-28-2011, 06:01 PM   #1  
So close, yet so far away

S/C/G: 188/154/135

Height: 5'5

Default New here desperately needing SUPPORT!!

Hi everyone! I have been dieting and exercising with my husband since the middle of July. I started at 185 and am currently at 158! My husband started at 220 and is now at 172! He has done outstanding and I am so proud of him,but i seem to be at a standstill. We have been eating a low calorie vegetarian diet no-sugar, no-white flour diet. I could really use some support and somewhere to post daily about what I eat and what I would LOVE to eat and what I shouldnt eat! I am looking to encourage others and receive encouragement as well.
I started my weight loss journey because I have been trying to get pregnant for almost 6 years and it has not happened. I am desperately hoping that with a little more weight loss my hormones with be regular and my body will be a healthier place to conceive my miracle.
madmadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:15 PM   #2  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Welcome, madmadz! I think you will find what you need with this forum, everyone here is so supportive! I know how disappointing it can be with how much harder, as a woman, it is to lose weight than a man. Men have more muscle mass and higher resting metabolisms which can result in much fast weight loss. Still, you can do it! You just have to stay consistent. Good luck!
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:36 PM   #3  

Thank you for the warm welcome eagleriverdee! I am hoping the consistency will pay off in the end. I have never stuck to any diet or exercise plan for this long. Usually after 2 weeks and 5 pounds I just give up. This time I am committed to getting healthier, its just so hard waiting. I have tried riding bikes with my husband but he can go so much farther than I can so that was depressing to me. So now I ride by myself because I dont want to hinder his exercise and slow him down.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 158.8/158.8/130

Height: 5'2"

I wonder if you could ride with your husband a set amount and then let him go on by himself to finish, maybe that would encourage you to get just a little more each time so you can ride with him.
Men do seem to lose much faster, but don't let that get you down, sounds like you have done very well so far.
I am rooting for you.
Judy
magicsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:34 AM   #5  

Magicmom, thanks for the encouragment! Thats a good idea, I try and ride with him occasionally and push myself a little farther each time. Its hard though because I feel really awkward huffing and puffing and him just pedaling along like its no big deal. He rides like 10-12 miles at a time. I am lucky to do 1 or 2.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:32 PM   #6  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hi, I'm 5'4" & have been a size 10-12 most of my adult life, but When my hubby got critically sick a few years ago I became a emotional eater & I went from a size 10 to a size 14-16. When I had to buy the bigger clothes, I almost freaked out where did this fat come from, I was a 'unhealthy person'. I bought diet recipe books & exercise tapes that I still haven't used. I never returned them to the store because I thought some day I will use them .
Well reality hit me when I became Embarassed to tell my hubby that I had no clothes to wear to a Important event. More wasted money to buy bigger clothes for 'fat me', when I had many pretty clothes for the size 10-12 me from 2 years ago. I knew about TOPS & had been a member to lose baby-fat from child-birth & so I knew it worked.
I looked online & found a local chapter & joined. It took me almost 2 years to get back to my size 10 again from the size 14-16 clothes. But I am mentally healthier now also, because I when I acheived my goal I became a KOP & that makes me 'responsible to be a role model' for my friends at TOPS trying to reach their goal weight. T (taking) O (off) P (pounds) S (sensibly) & reaching your goal to be a KOPS means K (keeping) O (off) P (pounds) S (sensibly) go to tops.org for more info. they are Wonderful We also have a saying 'IF You Bite IT...Write IT...in a food journal to keep you accountable. Eat at least 20 grams of Fiber daily & walk 5 minutes for every meal you Eat & be sure to have some Protein with each meal l Also lift hand weights & walk my dogs daily....
Now I don't care what other people think about my size; I am Healthier now. I have friends of sooo many sizes that never cared about my weight gain, but understood how I felt. Whoa, I don't have a knee problem anymore & don't need surgery the doctor said If you need help, I'm here a few days a week.
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:45 PM   #7  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:09 PM   #8  
Less of a Better Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmadz View Post
Hi everyone! I have been dieting and exercising with my husband since the middle of July. I started at 185 and am currently at 158!
That is about 15 weeks and you have lost 27 pounds which is 1.8 pounds a week. That is fantastic (I wish I could lose that quickly but I don't). You are really, really doing great. (And, guys lose faster than women...just how it is).

Anyway, just wanting to give you a pat on the back for your great success.

Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 05:34 AM   #9  

rainydays Thanks for the welcome! I am liking it here!

Koshka Thank you so much for the positive feedback! That really does mean so very much to me. I dont really have anyone IRL that acknowledges my weight loss. So to read that makes my day seriously! I am right now at a standstill and everything seems to be slowing down. I am hoping the weight loss picks back on its own. I am dreading having to add more exercise. It is such a struggle! Again thank you for the compliment!

minidoodles I am assuming that post was directed at me? Congrats on your weightloss! I am not really sure the program you are describing would work for me but it sounds like it has worked wonders for you!

Last edited by madmadz; 10-30-2011 at 05:34 AM.