Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-25-2011, 09:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5

Unhappy Hello, New to forums, not new to weight fluctuations

Hello,

my name is Stefanie, I am 29y/o and I weight about 195 and I am 5'5. I have fluctuated from 155 to 225 for the last 8 or so years. I can never seem to stick to eating healthy and regular exercise. I have a plethora of knowledge on nutrition because I love it. I just have issues with comfort eating. I work fulltime and have become a fulltime student this year....40hr work, 4 classes.....so my weight has been all over the place. I am on the southbeach diet. I dont believe in it, I believe in healthy eating....but never give myself restrictions. So here I am, on the diet and in need of support and help. I really hope by coming to this forum I can find support.....and by following the diet I can regain some restraint.....and hopefully learn not to eat my emotions. ....Hope this made sense....I tend to babble.

Have a great night everyone.
SteftheChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:14 AM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the forum! There is a SB diet forum on this site which you may want to peek at for information and tips. I am wishing you the best of luck on your weight loss journey!!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:15 PM   #3  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Welcome Stefanie! Glad you are here! The one thing that conerned me about your intro post was this .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteftheChef View Post
I am on the southbeach diet. I dont believe in it, I believe in healthy eating....but never give myself restrictions. So here I am, on the diet and in need of support and help.
I am fearful that if you chose a plan that you do not believe in and/or do not like I wonder if it is a reasonable assumption that you will burn out faster than you want to? We all get "diet burnout" even when we are on plans that don't restrict us when it comes to food choices - and even plans that we LOVE - but it's inevitable that most of us hit a wall somewhere along the way. I'd just hate to see you hit that wall faster. Know what I mean? I am far from discouraging you from this journey because it is, after all, a fabulous journey!! I'm just saying that maybe a more non-restrictive plan would be best for you. You have enough going on in your life -- school, work, etc. Make this as effortless as you can.

Oh, and I have heard good things about South Beach so I'm not knocking the plan. Especially if it is working for you!

Again, so glad you are here!
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote