Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-22-2011, 09:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 172 / 165 / 145

Height: 5'7"

Talking Greetings!

Hi All,

I'm a 20-something from Vancouver.

After five years of college (in which I gained the requisite freshman 15 and then some) , I took a year off, and interned at my first 'real' desk job for 8 months. The work experience and the money were fantastic, but in that span of time, I managed to eat my way up to 170lbs! Not cool!

I've never been a girl particularly concerned about my looks, but being overweight runs in my family, and I'm going to meet my boyfriend's parents for the first time this Christmas, and didn't want to be introduced as the "fat girlfriend".

I decided that it was time to put my foot down about my weight, and would like to lose 30lbs, to get me back down to a reasonable-for-my-height 150lbs. I decided it was time to get my lifestyle in control while finishing my last year of college - where I have considerably more time and energy to dedicate to eating well. My future jobs are almost all desk jobs, so I figure it's for the best to jump start issues with weight and healthy eating before it becomes a problem way down the line.

I'm following Atkins, and am in my 3rd day of Induction. You'll probably see me in the Atkins and 20-somethings forums more often than not.

Nice you met you all!
cellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:14 AM   #2  
GoingForGold

S/C/G: 177/152/130

Height: 5'3"

Nice to meet you Cellie! I am also a 20-something, but almost 30. You should be so proud of yourself for taking control of your weight so early on. I partied, and put everything (school, work, etc.) above taking care of my body, and in hindsight I wish I had switched my priorities...although there were some pretty killer parties!

I have a desk job (50+ hours), plus am finishing a degree in higher education (10 credits/week) plus travel for work...get the exercise where you can. I have found exercise videos to be a Godsend in helping me do something besides sit....GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR JOURNEY!!! You are off to a fantastic start.
GoingForGold82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 172 / 165 / 145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingForGold82 View Post
Nice to meet you Cellie! I am also a 20-something, but almost 30. You should be so proud of yourself for taking control of your weight so early on. I partied, and put everything (school, work, etc.) above taking care of my body, and in hindsight I wish I had switched my priorities...although there were some pretty killer parties!

I have a desk job (50+ hours), plus am finishing a degree in higher education (10 credits/week) plus travel for work...get the exercise where you can. I have found exercise videos to be a Godsend in helping me do something besides sit....GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR JOURNEY!!! You are off to a fantastic start.
Thanks for the welcome. See you around!
cellie is offline   Reply With Quote