Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-17-2011, 02:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 125/106/65

Height: 5'9

Default Hello everbody!

Hi everyone!
Ive been reading this forum for a little while and today decided to register. Its just so great to have people going through the same things as I am that I can relate to

So I have been up and down like a yoyo with my weight for years. Ever since I was slightly overweight in highschool but felt like the biggest blimp on the face of the earth! Even though when I look back I really was hardly any heavier than the other girls, still the body issues start young and stay with us forever unfortunately as im sure you are all aware.

So in the last 3 years I had put on a lot of weight getting up to 125 kilo. I was in the dreaded cycle of feeling huge, eating to make myself feel better, then feeling the guilt from consuming the food, feeling huge, then eating to make myself feel better etc etc and on and on it goes. I would look at my enormous person in the mirror and think "Well Im so huge now, losing all that weight seems impossible"

A few months ago I had a health scare, couldnt breath and ended up in casualty. It turned out I had high blood pressure and was very anemic due to a blood disorder I didnt know I had inherited from my mother. I was also on the verge of becoming a diabetic. I am actually thankfull it happened as I was in the process of eating myself to death at the age of 42.

The Doctor sent me to a dietition who set me on a very easy to follow low carb, low cal eating program (although in no way is it a starvation plan). I have decided to look at it as lifestyle management that I will now try and maintain for the rest of my life rather than a diet. And I feel that this time, due to the health scare I will keep the weight off. Im not worried about getting super thin, just as long as I get to a nice healthy weight and fitness level.

After 13 weeks I have now lost 19 kilo going from 125 kilo to 106 kilo. I am feeling very good about myself even though I need to lose about 35 more kilo. I am getting regular excercise and of course the more weight I lose the more energy I have. I know there are a lot of people out there like me, prob with a very similar, if not the same story. There is hope for us and we should never give up no matter how hopeless it seems at times. I find having the dietition weigh me once a month keeps me on track, but also the health benefits I am now getting and the great feeling of being able to get into clothes that are a size smaller is just wonderful and an incentive in itself.

Every single thing I have read on this forum has shown me what wonderful supporting people you all are and this is a fantastic tool for anyone wanting to lose some weight.

Very happy to meet all of you
Meltshrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 02:14 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to posting!

Yikes! Sorry to hear about your health scare, but I'm very glad you now have the opportunity to get healthier.

Happy to have you join us on your journey! Best of wishes!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 02:52 PM   #3  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the forum! Best of luck to you.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote