Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-10-2011, 10:03 AM   #1  
Counter-Hipster

S/C/G: 184/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Back on plan (after two years of gaining)!

I haven't posted on here in two years and three days!

I tried WW on my own on the previous Points system, but without a membership. I found the formula on Wikipedia and did all the calculations on my own. It worked for awhile, because I'm a math person and didn't mind the calculations, but eventually I got tired of it. I couldn't eat *anything* without knowing the nutrition facts and, frankly, I didn't have any real life support system. And then my boyfriend broke up with me and I didn't care about anything....

Two years later I'm back, but for real this time. I have a new, wonderful boyfriend and another great friend (I refer to her as my "weight loss sponsor" because she has been doing the healthy lifestyle for a long time now) and both have become a fantastic support system! I just started with a personal trainer/nutritionist, and I'm really excited!

I have scoliosis (including the fusion surgery when I was 14) and I have nearly-constant back problems, so losing weight is about so much more than getting skinny (though that was my original motivation and still a pleasant side effect)! I do strength training with my trainer and weight training/cardio with my sponsor/buddy, and I do cardio whenever I can. My 8-5 work schedule (and 1 hour commute) makes it difficult to find time to work out, but I'm still trying to get into it. Making regular appointments with the trainer helps, because it's a pre-arranged obligation (and I'm pretty sure there's a no-show fee...).

I started WW three weeks ago today - with an actual paid membership subscription and access to the extensive WW database - and I've already lost 5lbs! I've been bumming around the WW forums, but I've been finding them pretty useless... They aren't in any sort of forum format that I'm used to, so I decided to come back here.

I've invited my bf to join me, because while he isn't exactly on WW, per se, he's been sort of losing weight second-hand, so he's been getting more into the points and the counting. He also does all the cooking (I couldn't cook to save my life - ask him!) so it's a huge deal that he doesn't have a problem measuring out every little thing down to the teaspoon, from olive oil to shredded cheese. He didn't want to do WW because he hates the idea of counting, but we make a great team, because *I* do the counting, and he does the measuring/cooking! He'll have an idea of what he wants to do for dinner and he'll ask me how many points are in it, or he'll log into my WW account and check out my Favorite Recipes list for ideas!

My sponsor has been a huge help, too. She goes to the gym every morning, because she works from home, but she has no problem going to the gym in the evenings for some cardio or something, and when she says she's going, she goes. She never flakes out, which is awesome!

Anyway, I have to stop fiddling around online - I have work to do! Thanks for reading, and I really look forward to making a few goals and watching other people make some goals, too!
dominodreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:28 PM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome back! So happy to hear that you have two huge real life supporters! Best of luck to you in your weight loss journey!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 12:39 PM   #3  
Get to goal & stay there!

S/C/G: 235/154.8/150

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back! I've also recently returned after taking almost a year off and putting on lots of weight. This forum is so fun; I really don't know why I left.

That is wonderful that you have such a supportive boyfriend and workout friend. That helps so much.

Best wishes in attaining all your goals!
sandcar150 is offline   Reply With Quote