Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-10-2011, 07:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 193/182/145

Height: 66 inches

Red face First step of the journey starts today.

I'm new to the site and new to this weight as well... I have always been a fit athlete and that was a big part of my self identification. Out of 3 siblings I was the thin one with my brother and sister usually on the chubby side. As we all became adults I stayed thin, joined the military and became a fitness leader there. The rest of my family put on pounds seemingly 10-20lbs at a time and I thought how odd it was that I was immune to that.

Turns out I wasn't immune just super active with healthy-ish eating habits. I know have a deskjob (9-10hrs a day of sitting) and work from home(fully stocked kitchen plus no witnesses....bad combination). As the weight started I fought it and then stopped and gave in, that equalled a weight gain of 35lbs in 18 months.

I'm sick of the weight and intelligent enough to know that this has to stop now or those 5-10lb gains every few months will continue. I'm tired all of the time, don't want to go out...I don't even want to see family and friends because I'm embarrassed by how much I've changed in such a short time.

The change starts today...for me, my husband, and my future family(want to be a healthy weight/self before having our first child).
afchicana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Welcome! I am new here too. I am excited to here it is a goal that extends to your whole family (and future family).
Jamie1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:29 PM   #3  
One pound at a time

S/C/G: 292.2/138.6/146

Height: 5'9"

Welcome to 3FC! You've come to a very supportive and friendly place.

Wishing you success on your weight loss journey.
Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:43 PM   #4  
One decision at a time.

S/C/G: 213/195/150

Height: 5'9''

Welcome to 3FC! You will find tons of support here!
Jessica Committed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:04 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/187/130

Height: 5' 10"

Hey! I'm new to 3FC as well! I feel I'm in the same predicament as you afchicana. I've always been an outdoorsy girl, and played rep volleyball & basketball - but when I went to University I just became so overwhelmed with school that I stopped taking care of myself. I've let myself plummet since the end of 2010 and have gained over 50 pounds. And after moving away from home, I dread those special occasions that bring me face to face with all of my high school, and work friends from home - because I know I've changed so much over the last year, and it's been a pretty dramatic, unattractive change. BUT! I am optimistic. I've taken a stand, and decided that today is the day I stop gaining pounds, and start gaining confidence.

I wish you well on making and exceeding all of your goals! Good Luck!
bk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 12:12 PM   #6  
Get to goal & stay there!

S/C/G: 235/154.8/150

Height: 5'5"

Welcome aboard! You'll be back to your goal weight in no time. Just keep checking in here regularly to keep motivated. Good for you for nipping your weight gain in the bud and wanting to get healthy before starting your family.
sandcar150 is offline   Reply With Quote