Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-27-2011, 04:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/210.0/115

Height: 5'2"

Red face I'm new here && need MAJOR help with losing weight!

Hello, my name is Whitney. I am new to this forum, so I thought i'd take some time and introduce myself. I am 23 years young, I have an amazing husband who is the U.S Army, and we have two beautiful little girls, ages 3 and 4 months. I am been struggling with my weight, basically since I was about 12, but it got really bad after my 2 c-sections, my stomach is just disgusting. I have been to nutritionists, doctors, tried pills, multiple diets, excercise and nothing has worked. I'll lose a pound, gain two or three, ETC. I do not eat bad at all, and the doctors have even told me this before. I am looking for some help on ideas to help me lose weight, i'd like to hear success stories from people and what they did to lose weight. I would LOVE to meet some girls that have the same or near the same goals as me and weight loss buddies!! My husband is away for a year and i'd like to lose my weight by then. I am currently 215lbs and would like to be down to 115lbs. Thanks for taking the time to read my introduction, and any information, friends, or help would be wonderful
DeterminedTooLose100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:44 PM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Hiya Whitney, I am Lisa 44 and have loss 80lbs in 22 weeks on Ideal Protein. I started off at 388 and now at 308, I still have 58lbs. Once I reach my goal of 250lbs I will probably go down another 50lbs to get to 200. You have your hands full that is for sure. With your hubby being away it will be kinda easy since you really just have to fix yourself food. You can do this, just chose the program that is right for you
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

I lost 80lbs in a year by counting calories, eating a whole foods based diet, and exercising. I did this with a toddler at home. What really helped me was exercising at home, going to a gym with a toddler is impossible, and not affordable for me. I use the daily plate on the livestrong website to track my calories. When I started, I was eating about 1800 calories per day and not tracking my fruit and veggie intake. Give us an example of what you eat in a day, and maybe we can help and give you some pointers. One thing you have on your side is your age. Keep that in mind.
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:55 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC =)

You certainly aren't alone! There are a lot of people who are in the process of losing 100 pounds or more I'm one of them.

You might want to start out looking at the 100 lb Club and chatting with others who are going through similar things.

Best of wishes on your journey!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:03 PM   #5  
Sporty Diva

S/C/G: 207/see tracker/145

One suggestion is to find a way to get work resistance training in your workouts. It's great to loose the weight, but anyone with a c section scar (or scar like it) can tell you that there is nothing worse than having a flat stomach that hangs over the scar (sooo bad) Resistance training will help shape your new body as you begin to lose weight. It also helps in increasing your metabolism. You want to build some muscle while you are burning off fat.
MsTiffneyLamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:26 PM   #6  
Skinny chick

Try keeping a food/exercise journal.
I have always eaten a very healthy diet, too, but when I started tracking how much I was eating, I realized it was too much of a good thing! Writing down everything I put in my mouth during the day really makes a difference.

You can do this!
NCchickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 268/211/150

Height: 5"3'

Hi Whitney, my name is Sherri and I am new to this forum as well. I also am looking to lose 100lbs. I just recently started the Weight Watchers points program and I am working on getting a good exercise plan. I walk and jog on the treadmill but that is about it. I need a really good, all around exercise plan.
I know how tough it is to try and eat right and healthy with little children around the house. You usually eat all your meals standing up and running around after them. Some days it is even nearly impossible to make time to eat. I know i spent many days just picking off of my kids plates, or eating what they were to save time. Usually that consisted of pizza and chicken nuggets. I am not only looking for a healthier lifestyle for myself, but for my Husband and kids as well. I wish you the best of luck in achieving your goals. Hopefully it will not be too long before we both reach that 100lb mark we want so badly.
Sherri77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:30 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Hiya Whitney, I am Lisa 44 and have loss 80lbs in 22 weeks on Ideal Protein. I started off at 388 and now at 308, I still have 58lbs. Once I reach my goal of 250lbs I will probably go down another 50lbs to get to 200. You have your hands full that is for sure. With your hubby being away it will be kinda easy since you really just have to fix yourself food. You can do this, just chose the program that is right for you
Can you explain to me what Ideal Protein is, and how it works? Please and thank you
Old 09-27-2011, 11:15 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 227/227/145

Height: 5'5

Hello! I'm new here too. I would like to lose about 100 lbs also. I really just started today. I feel that I did ok...lol. I did feel hunger pains for the first time in like...2 months.lol. I had a meal replacement shake for breakfast. I had a slimfast shake and slimfast bar for lunch. Then a snack bar for late snack ...water.water and more water. I don't like water! ! It was hard today but I'm proud of myself because I did not give up...although I had many times I wanted to. I have a addiction to fast food. I love it! It's fast and with my job it fits right in. But I don't want to be fat anymore. So...I'm here with you if you need support. I believe in a few weeks, it's going to get easier! ! By next year we will have them little bikinis on too. Willpower+Determination=145lbsthis is my goal. I'm 227 now. Ways to go...but it will happen for me and you
tiffiany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:29 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 145/145/115

Height: 5'1"

hi whitney and everyone, i'm new too and just posted a rather long introduction, but i'm hoping that we can all help each other here, gain support, and lose weight. the easiest way to lose weight is to change what you eat. ok, so it's not so easy, but if stuff doesnt go into your body in the first place, there is nothing to lose!

i've plummeted in weight by hardly eating and ballooned by eating too much and eating unhealthy food. try to slowly alter your diet, add exercise, and you will be where you need to be.
ThereAndBackAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:33 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 145/145/115

Height: 5'1"

hi tiffany,

great that you want to change! i'd say, however, if you're "addicted" to fast food, dont go cold turkey and cut it out completely, only to replace it with slimfast. it's best to ween yourself onto a healthy diet. start by replacing one meal a day with healthy food (veggies, legumes, proteins), then go to 2 a day, then just be healthy!

theres no benefit in eating meal replacements - they are just loaded with sugar and are more like candy bars. it's just propaganda and a way for corporations to make money.

keep up with the water!
ThereAndBackAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:04 AM   #12  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeterminedTooLose100 View Post
Can you explain to me what Ideal Protein is, and how it works? Please and thank you
Ideal protein is a package meal plan.

Breakfast packet
lunch packet, 2 cups of veggies and a salad
dinner 8oz of meat/fish 2 cups of veggies and a salad
snack packet

The food is great and the program works fast, its really easy as well.

This is a 4-stage retraining eating plan that helps stabilize the pancreas and blood sugar levels while burning fat and maintaining muscle and other lean tissue.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:23 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 240/216/160

Height: 5'8"

Track your calories! I know what you mean about "eating well." I love healthy food- but I eat too much of it! you probably don't realize how many calories you're eating a day. Just track EVERYTHING you put in your mouth for a couple of days without changing anything and see where you are/ what you can change up. It's eye opening!
DezziePS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:33 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffiany View Post
Hello! I'm new here too. I would like to lose about 100 lbs also. I really just started today. I feel that I did ok...lol. I did feel hunger pains for the first time in like...2 months.lol. I had a meal replacement shake for breakfast. I had a slimfast shake and slimfast bar for lunch. Then a snack bar for late snack ...water.water and more water. I don't like water! ! It was hard today but I'm proud of myself because I did not give up...although I had many times I wanted to. I have a addiction to fast food. I love it! It's fast and with my job it fits right in. But I don't want to be fat anymore. So...I'm here with you if you need support. I believe in a few weeks, it's going to get easier! ! By next year we will have them little bikinis on too. Willpower+Determination=145lbsthis is my goal. I'm 227 now. Ways to go...but it will happen for me and you

Good luck to you :-) Hopefully in a year we will both be at the weight we want to be at and happy with our bodies :-)
Old 09-28-2011, 12:34 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri77 View Post
Hi Whitney, my name is Sherri and I am new to this forum as well. I also am looking to lose 100lbs. I just recently started the Weight Watchers points program and I am working on getting a good exercise plan. I walk and jog on the treadmill but that is about it. I need a really good, all around exercise plan.
I know how tough it is to try and eat right and healthy with little children around the house. You usually eat all your meals standing up and running around after them. Some days it is even nearly impossible to make time to eat. I know i spent many days just picking off of my kids plates, or eating what they were to save time. Usually that consisted of pizza and chicken nuggets. I am not only looking for a healthier lifestyle for myself, but for my Husband and kids as well. I wish you the best of luck in achieving your goals. Hopefully it will not be too long before we both reach that 100lb mark we want so badly.

Good luck to you, and I hope you reach your goal weight :-)