Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-23-2011, 04:05 PM   #1  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Default I gained 60lbs in 4 years...

Hi everyone, I'm new here (seeing as I'm posting in the "Introductions" forum) and what attracted me to this community is all of the healthy support. The other day I was looking at old photos of my "skinny" self I had a total break down. I used to smoke a pack and half of cigarettes a day before I met my husband, but I quit when we started dating (he didn't like the smell). When we met I weighed 117lbs. Since quitting I've replaced smoking with eating and have been steadily gaining weight. I need to put the brakes on this NOW!

I've tried dieting/exercising in the past with some success, but I always gain the weight back because I'm doing it alone (the hubby has more or less stayed in shape on his own).

So here's my question, what helps you to stick to your plan? I'm only on day 2 of mine, and already I'm worried about when I'm going to slip up.
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/197/130

Height: 5'0"

Welcome
girlvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:53 PM   #3  
Get to goal & stay there!

S/C/G: 235/154.8/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello there and welcome! What a beautiful thing you did by quitting smoking for your boyfriend! But even more important is your lungs are now healthier.

Which plan are you doing, Krissy? There are all sorts of diet boards on here if you are following Atkins, Weight Watchers, calorie counting, etc... Check those out to get to meet others who are doing your plan.

You could also join a challenge on the challenge board. There are ones for holidays, sticking to exercise routines and to lose a certain amount of weight. And if you don't see one that tickles your fancy, you could always start one up. It is really fun and keeps you accountable so that you are less likely to slip up with your diet.

As for me, I've been doing the best I ever have on any diet and exercise routine because I starting a weight loss/beauty blog. I've never done one before, but knowing that people could be checking it out daily...there is no way on God's green earth I'm going to go off my diet knowing I'd have to report that on my blog. Talk about accountability! So you might want to try that out, too.

Last edited by sandcar150; 09-23-2011 at 08:55 PM.
sandcar150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: Pant Size 12/6/4

Take it one day at a time for now but plan out every meal at least a day in advance. Have enough food at home that you do not need to go shopping for a while (temptation at grocery stores is brutal!). We are similar stats although My goal is a bit higher than yours (probably frame differences - I am happy in my size 4 =). You CAN do it!

I had NO treats (Zero, Ziltch, Nada) for 2 months. I even took food with me when I went to eat places (family get togethers etc). By 60 days I had good habits going and it was easier to resist. Now I allow the odd treat to sneak in - but get right back on track immediately. Do not feel guilty if you do have a treat. One treat is ok, it is the constant treats that are not! If you consistently eat less you WILL lose weight in the long run!
Harriette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:00 AM   #5  
I Will Because I Can

S/C/G: 167/130

Height: 5'6

Welcome! I calorie count so that I'm still able to eat foods that I actually ENJOY... I just have to work it into my day.
OhThePlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:51 PM   #6  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

That you everyone for the welcomes and advice! Right now I am calorie counting, which is *easy* when I make my own meals especially because I have a kitchen scale. I generally eat healthy foods, I just have a tendency to eat too much of them too frequently. Thanks for the tip Harriette about planning your meals in advance, I think I'm going to try that to keep myself from fantasizing about what I'm going to eat in 3-4 hours. And Sandy, accountability is totally the thing I'm lacking. I'm going to fish around the forums to see if there's a Christmas challenge or something going on. I really REALLY appreciate all of your thoughtful advice! It's so encouraging to see others on the same journey that I am taking who are successfully loosing weight - it makes me feel like I stand a chance!
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote