Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-21-2011, 02:12 PM   #1  

Default Lonely and Depressed in NY Seeks New Friends

Hi everyone,

My name is Juana. I'm 30 yrs old and I live in NY. I first found out I had PCOS around 2002-2003 more or less.. I was always a bit overweight, size 12-14, but it was no big deal.
After losing a lot of weight and being happy, I gained it back and lost my cycle for a few months. I started seeing a Gyno who saw my neck was darker than the rest of my body ( No MOM! I swear I scrubbed hard!) and test after test confirmed I had PCOS ~ after sending me to an Endo~. I've been in and out of jobs ever since, so my doctors have changed and I'm currently 'freelancing' and have no health benefits.

My doctors have prescribed metmorphin, glucophage and some other stuff I couldn't afford a few yrs ago.

Now, I am at the lowest i've been in my life (emotionally, physically and jobwise) so I am trying to get determined and start taking care of myself all over again. I want to lose the weight, beat pcos and insulin resistant, depression and whatever else I might be dealing with.

I want to be healthy like how I was 11 yrs ago, and I know its going to take a long time and lots of encouragement. That is why I'm here. Reading the forum, I hope I can have supporters who will cheer on me and make me WANT to beat this. I need positive energy, and I hope I can find it in all of you.

Thank you for reading.

Juana
Anyolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:23 PM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the forum Juana! I am sorry you are having such a rough time right now and am sending you hugs! The job market stinks! I currently am employed but know that could change anytime. Its scary for sure.

There is a section on this forum called Dieting with Obsticals and you will find a number of members who also have PCOS who can give you tips on how to diet with particular issue.

You will find a ton of information and support on this site! Best of luck reaching your goals.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/197/130

Height: 5'0"

Welcome!
girlvet is offline   Reply With Quote