Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-20-2011, 01:01 PM   #1  

Default Ready for a Lifestyle Change!

Hello. I am new to this forum. My husband and I both have some health problems and we need to make some lifestyle changes. I am overweight, he really is not. But his triglycerides are through the roof, he is a type two diabetic and recently had a mild heart attack. The doctor advised him last week that if he did not make some lifestyle changes that he would likely have a major hear attack in the very near future and may not survive. I could not live without him! We will celebrate our 24th Wedding Anniversary in October and I cannot imagine life without him. So we have both decided that we would begin to change the way we eat and get some exercise in.

I need to loose about 115 pounds myself. We are planning our first ever trip to Disney World in August of 2012 and have sort of sat that as our goal date. We are looking to start the South Beach way of eating. We will be married 25 years next October (2012) so the Disney trip will be an early celebration, we want to take our youngest son and our two granddaughters, ages 3 and 4. I came here for support.

I know it is going to be a long haul. Hubby has decided to quit smoking and drinking as well. The doctor is working with him to help him stop. We realize we are not getting any younger and we want to be around for our grandchildren. We are expecting another granddaughter in January! Just wanted to introduce myself and state why we are here. I hope to learn a lot from this message community!
fit4disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:50 PM   #2  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Welcome! I already see you've got the right attitude because you called it a lifestyle change, not a diet.

This forum has been a great place for me to learn, and to vent, and to ask questions and get good information. I am sure you will find it to be a great resource, and full of really helpful people!
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/197/130

Height: 5'0"

Welcome! Good luck on your journey....Disney World sounds like a great reward and motivator!
girlvet is offline   Reply With Quote