Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-12-2011, 08:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 192/192/140

Height: 5'6"

Default I'm new- need help!

Hi there-
I'm new on here and I need your support and help. I am 5'6" and I weigh 192. I have gained fifteen lbs in the last five weeks and I am feeling out of control with my eating.
I considered checking into an eating disorder clinic for my compulsive overeating and binging but, instead decided to follow the Beck Diet Solution with the help of my therapist, and try for a modified Mediterranean diet. I can't eat gluten, so my favorite things like pastries and cakes are not an option anymore- you'd think this would make me lose weight, but it hasn't. I manage to ferret out the most fattening things no matter what the limits are.
I do eat emotionally. It's like a trip is switched and I am in my car, heading out to get frozen yogurt (my biggest binge food lately). I am working on being more aware of my triggers. I am also working on controlling my runaway thoughts concerning binge foods. I want to ultimately be aware of true hunger and false hunger.
I lost forty lbs on the Carb Addict's Diet in 2000- gosh I can't believe it was that long ago- and have slowly and steadily gained all of the weight back.
I just want to eat like a normal person- not binge, not eat compulsively or emotionally. I will look around on this site and join any groups that look like they might help me. Any suggestions are welcome! :-)
I'm glad to be here. One of the components to my success in 2000 was online support. Having people to support me through the weight loss was extremely helpful. So I'm glad I'm here.

One last thing. My goal is to not eat sweeteners (sugar, Splenda, fructose, etc.), not eat grains (brown rice occasionally is ok), and try to stick to the Mediterranean diet pretty closely (sans grains).

I lose weight when I don't eat sweet things. I believe I am addicted to sweet tasting things.

Thanks in advance for all of your help. I look forward to talking with you all in the coming months.
-Ann
Anemonegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:20 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC!

We're glad to have you here

There are a few sections you might be interested in. There's Chicks in Control where you can connect with others who've dealt with binging and emotional eating. There's a Sonoma & Mediterranean Diet area under Diet Central. There's also the Beck Diet Solution area under Diet Central, as well.

One suggestion. Never leave. Okay, that sounds almost creepy...that's not how I mean it.

Rather, no matter how rough the day, no matter how difficult it feels, do not avoid 3FC. Come here whenever you need it, and even when you don't think you do, read and participate.

"Facing" the group is the most difficult thing during a hard time, but it's absolutely necessary to know that you aren't alone, and that things will get better.

Best of wishes~
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:10 AM   #3  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the forum! You will find tons of support here!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote