Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-09-2011, 07:13 AM   #1  

Default I am saving my life ...

I joined today and thank you for letting me. I started my blog today also which is called "I am saving my life" and I am guessing that most of the folk here understand that.

For me, this is the stamp on turning that corner I have needed to turn for the last ten years. To write things down makes them real. It does not feel like I was playing at trying to lose weight or feeling bad in oh so many ways about it, but there is a serious set in my mind, it is not happy, it is determined and I am going to lose 96lbs to save my life.

I am healthy now apart from fatty liver and gallstones. I don't have diabetes but I will unless I tackle this. I have a wonderful partner who deserves better than having to cope with my unhappiness with weight and physical limitations - and future fat-related fears. At 60 (soon) I have a chance to change the next 20 years, 30 if I am lucky, into something active, alert, rewarding and memorable.

For the past few years I have lost and gained weight. I am now aware and resolved that only loss is acceptable. I have been exercising, I have been on a low fat diet, I need to work harder at it without getting obsessed. Every day is a new day that I feel better walking that walk, breathing that healthier breath, losing that belly. I would say it is all uphill but I quail at the thought... I am not that fit for many hills ... yet.

I wish I felt less serious, I wish I did not feel like crying but if that is what it takes then I will do it because somewhere down the line I will be happier and laughing and embracing it more because at that time I will want to do it not just need to.

Hello
Sinoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:19 AM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you have the right attitude to make this a successful journey!
Best of luck to you.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:11 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC!

You can do this! Best of wishes on your journey~
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:55 AM   #4  
Exercise-addicted

S/C/G: 248

Height: 5'8

Welcome to the forum! You can do it!
serenityh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:35 PM   #5  

Thank you for your welcomes and encouragements, they mean a lot and I am vulnerable and open to them in a way that I find a little scary.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:48 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

Welcome to the forums and congratulations on taking this huge step! I had a milestone birthday this year (40) and I took the plunge also - here I am, 61 lbs later and I have NEVER felt better in my entire adult life - physically and mentally. It's gonna be hard, but being fat was harder...!

Best of luck!
Lunula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 02:15 AM   #7  

Thank you Lunula, I find it inspiring that you have lost so much weight and, reading the goals posts is overwhelming. I must say when folk said it was hard to lose weight it never seemed quite such an understatement as it does to me now. I tried to do what all the good books say and to find some goal towards I can travel, like wanting to fit into that pair of jeans some sizes smaller, but really what you say is the goal

Quote:
but being fat was harder
Old 09-10-2011, 09:56 PM   #8  

What a great title for a blog. Welcome to the forums!
Kiravana is offline   Reply With Quote