Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-03-2011, 09:02 PM   #1  

Default I am new to this site

Hi I am new to this site and don't know how to navigate or where to make a post at. Is there just a new people area? To tell you a little bit about myself, I am 23 almost 24 and am 5' 7'' and 250 lbs. I am about 100 lbs overweight. It all started when I was 15 yrs old. Back then I was in great shape, healthy as an ox and had a great body. I worked out and had a great metabolism. I ate because I had to and not for any sort of pleasure or comfort. I started dating this girl in high school that her mother cooked in big portions because she had a huge family. I would spend pretty much my whole life over at her house so I started eating there. The food the mother cooked was so different to what I was used to which instantly had me hooked. I started down a long spiral of depression which gave me an emotional connection to food. So everything cooked I ate. To make a long story short, here I am 23 and not a fan of exercising. I work 7am to 5pm and when I get home I am on the laptop till bed. Everyday the same which is pretty boring but I am not a fan of change. I have a two handfuls of mental problems ie, low self confidence, depression, anxiety, borderline personality disorder, bipolar, attention deficit, and then some. So I am overweight and have a overly negative mind. I run out of breath when I do anything strenuous such as tying my shoes. I have a huge gut which makes all my shirts look like they are women's belly shirts. I keep buying clothes to compensate for my growth and I keep holding on to the clothes I can't fit into thinking that someday I will. I also live with my girlfriend and her mother and significant other. Which he is an amazing cook so it makes it hard to eat healthy or portioned since he cooks in mass quantities. It's nobodies fault but mine. Oh yeah I have completely lost my appetite for sex and it takes forever for me to get sexually aroused. Sex is more like exercise, it's something I dread instead of enjoy because my sex drive said **** with this and left me. I love my girlfriend and think she is attractive and want to be intimate but dang this being overweight really hinders my ability to do that. It actually hinders life and everything in it. If food didn't taste so good it would be a lot easier. I am going to start my journey on getting back to being youthful and able to do things I can't do now. I will not give up because everyday I wake up in this body is so miserable I will do all it takes to get to the point where I can say wow I actually look good today.
Ajv1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:18 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC =)

You posted in the right area!

There are a lot of sections around here, so it can be a bit overwhelming when you're new, but you'll get to used to it!

You might want to start under the Support area, and work your way down. There's general Weight Loss Support. There's a 20-something's area. And there's also a Men's Corner, too.

Reply and tell us a little bit about what plans you have laid out. What change or changes are you willing to make to be healthier?

They don't necessarily have to start out as big changes, of course. Any healthy habit is a good thing.

Keep coming back to the site, and participate where you're comfortable.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:23 AM   #3  

Hi man!
I just red your story and just wanted to tell you that you've done the headrest step in to your journey of changing life - you just confessed that you need a help and from my experience I can tell you that this is the most difficult thing in the beginning!!!
So I'll focus on the part that you're ready to do all it takes to get healthy weight and I'll ignore the part that you don't like changes!!! You have to change!!!I think you have to change 1st your attitude about your life - changes are good, they make your life progressing, they make nice thing happening to you!!! You know my favorite thought of Mohamed Ali "If one man at 60 things the same way like when he was at 30...so he has wasted 30 years of his life". Don't be afraid to change your life because this is called being man - to fight with your fears all the time!!!
So enough philosophy talks! Form the point you are now I think you have to make some simple changes!Nothing fancy or hard workouting.
First you have to make changes in your nutrition. Don't stop eating. Just make a scaduale of your nutrition and create 5-6 meal per day!!! But DO NOT eat a lot. I have the impression that you eat enormous quantity of food in every meal you have. Forget about it. Your point from now on should be to eat a little quantity and to increase your daily meals! A problem you might have is to feel hungry in the beginning after every meal. To avoid that I recommend you to eat very very slowly at lest 20 min per meal. The reason is because the brain needs a time to understand that the stomach is full. So eat slowly!!!
Another thing you have to do is to forget to eat after 7 p.m. This will be hard I know but it is a crucial point in your nutrition regime! If you feel hungry ( in the first week you certainly will) drink hot the. I can tell it from my experience it help!!!
After the nutrition you need to move. At this point i suggest you to do smth simple - walk to work, or 30 min walk in the morning before breakfast. Or biking before breakfast for 30 min - smth like that! DO not get into some hard workouts in the gym - you risk to get disappointed in the beginning of not getting the fast result.
So do 1 month this simple things and after the first month you could be able to get on the other level!

If you have any questions - don't hesitate to ask!!!
Good luck men
stoqn52
stoqn52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:25 AM   #4  
Je suis prest

Height: 5'7"

I admire your honesty... being able to lay bare what's going on in your head (and this case your body too) is usually the first step to lasting change.

Best of luck!
fatbottomed girl is offline   Reply With Quote