Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-02-2011, 08:50 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default Looking for support and encouragement...

Having a heck of a time finding the motivation to ONCE again try to get this
weight off and in typical yo yo dieting fashion each time I put more weight on so now i find myself at my all time high of 235 pounds. I can't believe I weigh as much as an NFL linebacker..sigh...I have tried all the diets, just tried HCG and lost 24 pounds and then gained 30 back. Am suffering from fatigue, emotional burnout and really having a hard time. I know now summer is over I will have to go buy bigger pants cause the pants I wore before summer won't fit now. I looked into weight loss surgery but don't have that kind of money.
There must be someone here who has felt this way or been in this situation and I would sure appreciate some advice or encouragement. Thanks so much.

Last edited by frankie77; 09-02-2011 at 09:09 PM.
frankie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:30 PM   #2  

Height: 5'10"

Just wanted to say welcome and that many people have been or are in your shoes! To lose weight and keep it off, you have to change your lifestyle and keep it that way. My friend's mom always said, a DIEt should be called a LIVE-it! You are doing great by having the desire to make a change and get healthy. I don't know if you have heard of Intermittent Fasting but it has been a life changer for me! I am less hungry and can eat the right amount of calories to lose weight without feeling deprived. I hope you can find a way of eating that works for you! Best wishes on your weightloss journey!
FutureFitMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 02:38 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC =)

Stop dieting.

If you want permanent weight loss, start making permanent changes.

The word dieting implies that there are times to be "on the diet" when we're "good" and then plenty of times we're "off the diet" when we're "bad". We lose a ton, and then we gain it all back sometimes PLUS some. This is insanity and such a detrimental way to look at weight loss.

So. If you want to lose the weight and keep it off forever and ever, then make a change you're going to stick to forever and ever.

No pills. No injections. No magic. No nonsense.

You don't have to start big, but you do have to make whatever it is a habit for the rest of your life.

Maybe that seems overwhelming. It is at first. It was overwhelming for me, too, when I realized I'd always have to be vigilant in some manner. That I'd always have to have an exercise routine. That I'd always have to watch portion sizes like a hawk.

That's why it's so much easier and fulfilling to cut it up into little changes and then build up on them.

I couldn't walk for half an hour when I first started. So I walked for 5 minutes a day. Here I am 4 months later walking for about half an hour a day. But, I built it up over time. That 5 minutes I got to start was a lot better than the ZERO minutes of exercise I'd been getting.

I didn't want to give up eating the way I'd been eating... so instead I decided my first week to just practice tracking food. I could eat whatever I wanted, but I HAD to write down what it was and how much it was. I promise you I still ate like crap my first week, but seeing it all down on paper in front of me was an eye-opening (and jaw-dropping) experience. That's how much food I put into my body on weekly basis. Every bite. No denying.

Another pitfall of dieting is that when a mistake is made... that's it! Game over! End of the world! If we can't be perfect we might as well not diet.

And we can't be perfect, because we're human. So no more dieting.

Mistakes happen. We pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and get back to making healthy habits a reality the very next opportunity. Be a healthy meal or a walk or just tossing the rest of the donut that we started to eat into the garbage.

You want this? You can do it.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:18 AM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

Thank you ladies...exactly what I needed to hear! Am hopeful for a new beginning....
frankie77 is offline   Reply With Quote