Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-01-2011, 03:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/176/150

Height: 5'2"

Default This is me...and my challenege

So my name is Kristen and I'm a young teen going into my adult life... I'm becoming a senior this year and so this is the time I want to get into a healthy good looking me... Support is something I really don't have in my house hold... My grandma and sister comment on my weight and body image and to them I'm not good enough... Being the way I am has really affected my self esteem and I was depressed for a while... I've decided to make a change this year and to drop at least 40 pounds by my high school graduation...
Anyone who would like to talk and give advice and support I would love to talk to. I think that's something I've really needed.
Thanks for reading!

cRaZyKristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 238/231/126

Height: 5' 3"

Hello Kristen, I have just joined and I want to wish you luck I don't have any support in my family either so I know how you feel.
emiingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:48 PM   #3  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to you both! You will finding an amazing amount of support here!
Have you chosen a food plan? Be sure to find a plan that you can stick to long term. Make small changes first, like drinking more water, eating more fruits and veggies and moving a little more. They will all add up.
Best of luck to you!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:51 PM   #4  
pugsnotdrugs

S/C/G: 225/Ticker/160

Height: 5'5'

Hi Kristen,
Welcome to 3FC!
I feel that I can completely relatr to you. In my family I'm the biggest daughter, grandaughter, neice, and cousin. My grandma always nit-picks at my weight and always makes the comment that I should go on a diet. I have an older brother who is fit because he's a marine, an older sister who is a beam pole because she has really high metabolism, and my kid brother is really big into sports so he's muscular. Standing next to them I look like a walking blob lol.
But I love this website and I'm learning to love myself. I wish you happiness and success on this journey. If you ever need someone to listen I'm here and so are many other women going through what we are.
baj2010706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/215/145

Welcome Kristen! I'm new here as well, and wish you much luck and support!
LadyWaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 03:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/176/150

Thank you so much. It's nice to see how many people who don't even know me care and are so supportive. My weight has been a big thing in my life... I started out decent weight and then I gained a lot and I can't get rid of it. and over my junior year I was very depressed so learning to love myself and my body is something I really am working on
cRaZyKristen is offline   Reply With Quote