Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-23-2011, 09:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 226/198/130

Height: 5'3

Default First Timer

Hello;
I'm new to this whole online weight loss support website and I must say I'm pretty excited about it! I'm hoping this website will be a good tool for me when I need a little extra motivation and help.
Some might think I'm a little young (24) but I've been overweight almost all my life. I've been trying to loose the weight myself and have lost almost 40 pounds, which I feel really good about!
Last week was my Brithday. My Common-Law boyfriend (Jordan) and I took the week off work to spend some time with eachother. I was hoping to wake up early everymorning and walk our dog, go on some nice long walks during the day and maybe even start doing Pilates again - as I'm sure you have guessed - That didn't happen. We did go for two long walks (2 miles each) but Jordan has a really big sweet tooth (Jerk he never gains weight!) so he made cinnamon buns, had one or two, I had 7! Sugar is like an addiction to me (and i'm sure a lot of other people too!) I just can't get enough. I did manage to go over a month without any type of junk food, and then this happened. I'm trying to get myself off sugar but am really struggeling. It's been 2 days since my last "Sin"
fatfulford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:17 AM   #2  
It is what it is...

Welcome !!! that comment about your last sin made me laugh out loud ...I hear ya on the sugar...I have a sweet tooth too and always want something sweet after every meal...which sucks...but I am really working on breaking that habit, and I know you can too....
Great job on the loss so far...40 pds is amazing !!! Good luck on your journey and please keep coming back here for encouragement, this site is great.

Carri
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 330 / 320 / 175

Height: 5'11

I find if you want something sweet, chocolate does it for me. I love those sugar free or fat free Jello puddings. Great thing to satisfy my sweet tooth
Crazy Newfie Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 296/277/200

Height: 5'2.5

Hey! Im new too.. Sugar yes.. i have a huge love hate relationship with it. :S
lol. Grats on the weight already lost!!!!
sickof300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:00 AM   #5  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Welcome! Low-cal fiber bars and brownies help me with the sugar cravings--but sometimes oatmeal and fruit or yogurt can too!
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 02:35 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/133.4/123

Height: 5'6"

Default Augh Sugar

I haven't officially introduced myself yet. But I wanted to ask what people do about sugar. I heard someone call it "white death"... it's not enough for me to use splenda or have something else sweet...i want SUGAR..in fact, I want it right now and it's killing me because I don't need it. What to do? What to do? How do I distract myself?
catgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:54 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 153.2/145.6/125

Height: 5'2"

IMO you don't "work on breaking" an addiction to sugar. You go cold-turkey.

I've been under 15 g/day for about 8 months (no artificial sugars or sweeteners, either) and I couldn't be happier! I feel so free now that I don't have cravings for carbs. Desserts (or anything else) don't tempt me in the least.

It took a couple days of withdrawal symptoms and a couple months of telling myself not to eat sugary things before it really sank in but it's easy now. If sugar is a problem for you I really encourage you to just take care of your addiction now instead of continuing to fight it.
ERHR is offline   Reply With Quote