Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-20-2011, 02:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/181/155

Height: 5'6.5"

Smile A reintroduction

Hi all!

My name is Faith and I guess this is a reintroduction? I posted on this site back in 2009 and I lost ~25 lbs by calorie counting. Unfortunately, some things happened in my life (the primary one being that I started a job that I hated) and my eating and exercise habits suffered.

I gained back all the weight and I felt really discouraged for a while. I flirted with fat acceptance. I still do admire the goals of the movement (getting respect for fat people, clearing up misconceptions, etc.) but ultimately, I realized that I do want to lose weight and at least get back to the weight I was when I married five years ago. As hard as losing weight can be, I do feel better when I'm eating better and exercising. My BP also tends to improves. I took my BP on Thursday and it was 121/68! I can't remember the last time it was that low.

I've been calorie counting (and using a calorie counting app on my phone...ahh, the wonders of technology) and doing the C25K program. I've lost 17 lbs so far and I want to keep it going. The last time I lost weight I found it encouraging to talk with others who have the same goals and are going through the same struggles. I hope I can give as much support to you as you all give to each other.
FaithBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 02:48 PM   #2  
Less of a Better Me

Welcome back! It sounds like you are already doing well and just need to keep it up!
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 10:42 PM   #3  
Girlie Makin Changes

S/C/G: 209/187/143

Height: 5"7"

Wow! A woman on a mission! I'm also doing the C25k program and I'm glad to hear its helping you as well.
Good job staying motivated and don't be ashamed we've all flirted with fat acceptance
Good luck and see you in the Goal forum
Nazza000 is offline   Reply With Quote