Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-17-2011, 04:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 244/188/160

Height: 5 ft 8 in

Default Half way through my journey and thought it was time to stop lurking :)

Hi there, my name is Anne and I am from Bedfordshire in England. Two years ago I weighed in at my heaviest at 244 pounds (17st 6lbs) after putting on a lot of weight at university.

My 'last straw' moment came when I was due to go to a friend's wedding. I had a 'safe' dress in my wardrobe that I would always turn to if I was feeling a bit heavier as I knew it would always fit me. A few days before the wedding I went to try the dress on and could not zip it up Needless to say I shed a few tears and then made the decision that it was the last time I would be that heavy.

Since that day i have lost 53 lbs However for the last year or so I have found myself losing and putting on the same 7lbs and I feel that my motivation has slipped slightly. I still exercise regularly and really enjoy it but it is the food that I sometimes find more difficult as I am a complete emotional eater. I am hoping that by posting to this forum and finding some supportive people it will re-energise my weight loss journey. I would like to lose another 31lbs and get down to 160lbs (11st 6lbs). I am 5ft 8in by the way.

So anyway, enough of my yabbering. Nice to meet you all and I hope to speak to you all soon
Angelanne666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:44 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hello Anne and welcome to posting

Congratulations on making changes and losing over 50 pounds! That's great to hear

There are plenty of areas where you might enjoy participating, so dive on in anywhere and join us! The more the merrier on this journey, after all. We all need support and encouragement, and we all want everyone to succeed!

Hope to see you around the boards~ Best of wishes!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote