Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-14-2011, 01:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Smile Hello from San Diego!

Hello everyone, my name is Leslie and I am from sunny San Diego California! I am two months shy of my 20th birthday and am looking to change my life once and for all. I have always been just a little bit overweight my entire life, even when I was a varsity athlete in school. I have tried countless times to lose weight and have been successful a few times but I always end up getting lazy and returning to my original weight. I have had success from using an app on my phone called Lose It! and I intend to use it again this time around. But I want to have somewhere I can discuss and celebrate goals and I feel these forums will definitely help! Seeing the success from others I feel will give me good motivation.

Like I said before, on my other weight loss ventures I used a calorie tracking application on my phone and computer. My daily calorie intake was between 1500-1700 and combined with exercise I did well at losing at least one pound a week. My usual starting weight was around 185 and my BMI around 28. The very most weight I lost was 12 lbs with my BMI around 25. My goal weight for right now is 150 with my BMI in the low 20's (Normal range for my height).

Keeping my calories in my daily intake is fairly easy for me, it really helps me create correct portion sizes. I try to eat balanced meals with a protein, lots of greens and a little bit of carbs. I make sure to stock up on foods that are good and won't lead me off track and I have a family and boyfriend who are very supportive. (My boyfriend lost 100 lbs about 2 years ago and is very good about maintaining it.) But for some reason I always seem to get off track after about a month or so. I think I can accredit that to not being home much between work, school and friends and making poor choices when I am out with friends (they love to stop at McDonalds and taco shops for fun junk food pretty much any time we are out) and it is really hard for me to say no to these things. This is probably where I need help the most.

Anyways, I am excited to be on here and I hope to make new friends who I can support and who can support me!
whatupton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 01:10 AM   #2  
KindaFunToDoTheImpossible

Height: 5'9''

Hi, welcome! I am new as well, and also from California! Good luck here! Everybody here is so nice and incredibly supportive of one another! Sounds like you know what you are doing by watching your calories, etc! Keep it up!
Katers88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Thanks so much! Yeah I've been clicking around for a few days and am loving all the support!
whatupton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:59 AM   #4  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you have a good plan. Best of luck on your weight loss journey!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:03 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Welcome! I have relatives in Mira Mesa and my daughter lives in Palm Springs. I just love SD, the weather is incredible

Good Luck on your journey, alot of good info on here.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote