Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-13-2011, 09:15 PM   #1  
SiLly MuCh?

S/C/G: 200/193/130

Height: 5'5''

Default Hoping my 3 fat chick friends will welcome me back

I'm not new to the site. I was using it on a regular basis a few months ago. Unfortunately, I fell way off the band wagon. Without making excuses for myself, let's just say, life has been turbulent these last few months. Things are still pretty up in the air, but I have realized that I need to push through everything else that's going on and try to concentrate on myself a little.

I was looking through my calendar for the next few months and saw something I had marked for the month of October. It said, go to 3 fat chicks thread and update. You see, several months ago, I had made a commitment in a thread called "looking back to when you first began" to stick with 3 fat chicks and my personal goals for 6 months. After the 6 months were up, I was going to go back to that thread and see how my attitude and responses to the questions had changed. It was meant to be motivational, but instead, I felt embarrassed and ashamed. It wasn't long after making that commitment that things began to fall apart and my determination began to waiver.

Looking at that message on my calendar, my first instinct was to not come back to this site at all because I was so embarrassed that I had allowed myself to fail yet again. Then I realized, that's why I keep failing, because I keep running from the problems instead of facing them head on.

So, here I am, faults and all, picking myself up off the floor to try again. Maybe this time I can get it right.
Dilli Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 03:46 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hi there and welcome back

The worst thing I possibly ever did back when I first lost over 100 pounds (other than think I could do it on my own) was to slowly drift away from 3FC.

Not this time. No way. I've recognized my mistakes. I dragged myself back, and I have to say that being here really has washed most of the guilt/shame/annoyance off of being a "repeater".

I have a vast amount of experience to share, and always more things to learn and recognize. If my "lesson learned" is merely to stick around even when things are REALLY rough, then that's a valuable lesson to have, and I aim to apply it.

Chin up. This is a journey. And you just went over a big bump. But you're here now, you're taking a step forward. You can do it. In fact, I hope you do stick around until October and post about how you overcame your obstacles to burst back onto the scene and not let a discouraging event keep you from your goals!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote