Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-11-2011, 01:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 216/209/175

Height: 5'10"

Default Newbie to 3FC

Good morning everyone-I found this website yesterday and am thrilled about it. I am currently a new grandma visiting my new grandson (he is 3 days old). When I return home next week I am planning on going on the South Beach Diet. I have tried it before, it works, I just didn't stick with it. I am tired of trying to 'hide my weight' in clothes, folded arms, sweaters thrown across my lap etc. I want to get excited about hopping in the boat again in a swimming suit, attending events in sleeveless dresses, not be the big girl of the party. I am 46, outgoing, optimistic, live in a small town, have a wonderful family, have decided that now is MY time. Now its time for me to take care of ME. Now its tiime to get serious about becoming the woman on the outside, I already am on the inside.

Some of my weak points: *I hate to exercise. I am good for two or three days and give up. *my weakness is anything crispy/salty, ie chips. *my husbands not in need of losing weight, it's not going to be a joint effort (but he is supportive).
Some of my strong points: *Im very optimistic. *I have all the SBD books (including recipe books). *I Love to cook. *I really want to look and feel better, I am serious.

I would love to meet like minded people in all stages of SBD (or any diet really) and hear any suggestions you might think would help in my new endeavor. Thank you in advance!
TiredOfMySize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:51 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC =)

You're in luck! There are a number of 3FC members who are following SBD or similar plans.

Under Diet Central there's an area dedicated to SBD. All over the boards there are people who are following different plans, and who love to help support and give ideas.

Post, participate and best of wishes on your journey!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/230/180

Hi...I just found this website as well. I started to laugh when I read your post because I do alot of the same things as far as trying to cover up my body. Im tired of always looking at pictures and cringing...Several years ago I did the Atkins diet and it worked wonderfully...the problem was I love BREAD!..I am thinking of trying portion control and exercise(which I also hate lol)..I did have a membership to Curves and truely enjoyed going everyday so Im thinkin I might try that again...I just know I gotta do something...lol
64dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:58 PM   #4  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Tired and dove!!! Good to have you both here! I am not on the SBD, but know there is a forum on here where there are real supportive people I wish you both lots of success! And... dove... you will find what's right for you, I have no doubt! There are a lot of ideas floating around on 3fc and you will find what works for you
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 216/209/175

Height: 5'10"

Default Thank you Dove, Lovely, Itsmyturn

Thanks so much for the welcome! I look forward to exploring 3FC and making 'friends' here!
TiredOfMySize is offline   Reply With Quote