Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-05-2011, 11:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: S 158/ C 151 / G 125

Height: 5'0"

Talking New to this! =)

Hello! I am new to this. A little about me: I am 23 years old with a 2 year old and have not lost 'my baby fat' lol My husband and I have been counting calories and extremely watching the foods that we eat. Since we are counting our calories....we don't eat the 100cal pack of oreos. Although, I understand that they could work if you could limit myself to just one but I know that I can't Anyways, we have egg white for breakfast and a whole wheat bagel. If we snack, it's either a protein shake or veggies. Lunch and Dinner varies between boneless skinless chicken breasts, tilapia or tuna steaks.Most of the time they are plain and boring lol Sides would be some sort of veggie. For lunch, some of the dinner left overs will be used to or a turkey wrap with cottage cheese and some veggies. We drink 8-10 cups a day. So far I think I have this figured out But as you can tell some of it boring but I am comfortable with it and hopefully I won't get too burnt out. Any suggestions would be apprecatied!

I am 5'0" I weigh 149lbs and would like to get to my goal weight of 120lbs. This is the heaviest I have been! All throughout my adult life I was around 115-120lbs. Then I became pregnant and the rest is history! I have been working out using the p90 as well. I am just nervous as to see how this life changing is all going to fall into place and work out well.

This is probably a question that would be very hard to answer but when should the Goal Date be set at to get down to my Goal Weight? 29lbs?

Last edited by jerri1101; 08-05-2011 at 11:09 PM. Reason: TYPOS!
jerri1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:09 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC =)

Sounds like you have a good plan so far, but don't let boredom become the norm. Switch up your foods, find new recipes to try. Maybe a new one each week or every other week. Something delicious to look forward to.

This is about finding what works for the long haul, and it's easy to get off track if you feel bored, so keep mixing things up to avoid that.

No goal dates needed. Since this is a change in lifestyle it won't matter what the scale says on a certain date. Only that you're eating healthier, and exercising regularly =)

You might appreciate the 20-somethings area as well as the Calorie Counters sections.

Best of wishes =)
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:28 PM   #3  

Thanks for the insights and advice!
I am really excited to find support on here!!

I have to put it in my head that this is a lifestyle change and it's not just a diet.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:40 PM   #4  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

Welcome to 3FC! You don't NEED a goal date, but if you want one, 1-2 pounds of weight loss per week is healthy. However, sometimes you're lose more, and sometimes less.

I used to have goal dates, but they only served to frustrate me when I didn't hit 'em. It's not about how long it takes, so long as you're doing it!
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 05:29 PM   #5  

That's a good way of looking at it! Because I know I will get frustrated if I am not at goal weight and the date that I set! THANKS!!