Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-26-2011, 01:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 145

Height: 4'11

Default Mission Gain-my-Feet-Back

Hi everyone,

I'll try make this short and sweet. I'm 4'11 and I've been overweight for most of my adult life, I weigh approximately 150 pounds. I come from a family of very curvaceous women so they think I'm nuts when I try limit my food portions at family functions (which happens every weekend, maybe more if there is a anniversary or a birthday).

I looovvveee food. I love trying different foods and I love food in general. I read somewhere that sometimes people try to fill a void in their lives with food, its the total opposite for me. I come from a very close knit family and everything we do together centers around food...unhealthy I know but that's how my family rolls. My aunts consider it an insult if I do not sample their cooking....not that I normally say no cause they are amazing cooks....however, if I do say I like the dish, I get another generous helping.

I've recently started jogging but its challenging to drop the weight without changing my diet. My family is supportive that I want to be healthy....well, that's the lie I told them. I really want to lose weight so hopefully I can see my feet sometime before I reach thirty

But to be honest, its more a vanity issue than a health issue. I would like to wear a cute sundress without worrying that one of my younger cousins or nephews would run up to me, pat my tummy and ask if there is a baby in there....which has happened way to many times

So here I am...turning to virtual strangers to hold my hand as I embark on my mission to gain my feet back. Hugs to everyone.
Gwynie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:44 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

to you, too!

Welcome =) We're very happy to have you join us.

We know what it's like to be attempting healthier habits in the face of adversity. (Or family!)

Excellent job on making changes and sticking with them.

See you around the boards!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:44 PM   #3  
Chick on a Mission

S/C/G: 265/195/150

Height: 5'3

welcome!
keekles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:49 PM   #4  
skinny girl coming out

S/C/G: 203/167.5/110

Height: 5'0

Default Welcome!

You'll find this forum extremely helpful. Coming here keeps me motivated, especially when members post their pictures after getting to their goal. I understand where you're coming from. My family wants to eat out more than 2 x a week & it's hard to follow a diet with them around But I try Anyway, good luck. We can do this!
ticklemepink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:48 PM   #5  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

There is nothing wrong with losing weight to feel good about your appearance! Be as firm as possible with your family (sneaky, if necessary). Good luck!
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote