Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-25-2011, 05:08 PM   #1  
starting over again

S/C/G: 204.6/197.8/150

Default Dieting, dieting, dieting

Hi All! I am a 42 year old married woman with no kids, just a fur baby. I have been dieting for the last 8 years. Before that I was skinny. My dad told me I would wake up in my 30s and be overweight and he was right!

I have done low carb, low fat, calorie counting! I have been trying to figure out what way of eating works for me. Atkins probably worked the best but it was pretty darn hard. I am thinking about giving it another try or doing the Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. (I am a carb addict!)

One of the reasons I am looking at lower carbs right now is because I have Rosacea. I read that some of it can be controlled through low carb.

I would love to meet some new friends who are interested in starting a new way of eating. I'd love to meet you!!

Windycity
Windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 05:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/155

Height: 5'3"

Welcome Windycity I think I'd go crazy if I tried Atkins or anything like that, but I've heard a lot of good things about going low carb!

Please look around and feel free to post wherever you're comfortable, and we have lots of different sub-forums and support groups you can join if you're interested. Hope you like it here!
Michi702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:17 PM   #3  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

Whatever you decide, I wish you well, and welcome to 3FC!
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 280/266/170

Height: 5'4

let me know what you do decide to do best wishes
losingdaybyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:47 PM   #5  
starting over again

S/C/G: 204.6/197.8/150

Thanks for the posts! I agree, Atkins is hard. I did it for a year and kept off 40 lbs. (I lost the first 20 in 2 months)

I have an appointment with yet another dermatologist this afternoon and I am going to discuss a low carb diet to treat the symptoms of Rosacea. Some in the Rosacea community do Anti-inflammatory diets and Atkins is very similar.

I know it is a good way to lose weight. I just haven't figured out a way to do it for more than one year. When I stopped I exercised with a trainer and counted my calories but carbs made me want to eat more carbs.

I am also trying to get my husband to join me. He is trying to eat better. I also have to reread Atkins book. I need to get all the carby foods like low fat popcorn out of my house and fill it with good unprocessed carbs like veggies!

Windy
Windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:12 PM   #6  
I Need Accountablity!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Think of it this way....... "Are you going to eat like this the rest of your life?"
WannaBeLoserAgain is offline   Reply With Quote