Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-23-2011, 05:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/266/170

Height: 5'4

Unhappy im new and starting my weightloss journey but need support!

im new and im starting a blog on bloggers but un able to post it yet i guess. but anywho im 21 year old female i started on july 6th and today is the 23rd ive lost 14 pounds so far but still fit in all the same clothes. im trying hard to stay motivated but i dont know if i can. i need tips on how everyone is losing weight because im bigger i was 280 now im 266. but this morning i was 263? i dont get it. im drinking water and drinking jillian michaels meal replacement drinks twice a day and two small meals mainly salads i stay away from processed foods and greese i mainly eat chicken,salad,a little fruit here and there, a lil veggies here and there im not much of a eater any more i started to exercise but my weight hold me back but i do about 20 -25 a day for about 4 days out the week where im at its 103-105 degree weather and at night its in the 90 mid 80s so its so hot to go out. please help me i want to lose as much weight as i can before school starts on aug 22 and i want to be healthier i want this for me and now is the time
losingdaybyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 06:54 PM   #2  
300+ Chick

Great start on your 14 Lbs loss so far!! Way to go!! Good luck with your continue efforts!!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 07:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 280/225/200

Height: 5'5"

Welcome! And congrats on your weight loss so far!! I started at 280 too, so I know how challenging it is to work out sometimes. I'm in AZ, so I also know how the heat makes it harder. You just have to figure out what works for you. I do exercises and play 'just dance' on the wii during the day (in the AC). And I wait until about 7 pm to go walk. I walk 2 miles every day right now, bumped up from 1 mile I was walking when I began. It's still usually 100 degrees at 7pm, so I just make sure I take a nice, cold bottle of water with me. You're doing great so far, you can make this work!!
Bamber33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:08 PM   #4  
Michelle

S/C/G: 308.8/ticker/155

Welcome, Losingdaybyday!

From your post, it sounds like you were confused that you weighed more now than this morning? Forgive me if I didn't understand that right. It's normal to weigh more at the end of your day than you do when you first get out of bed. Everything we eat and drink has weight. While our body is digesting it, it makes us temporarily "heavier". In the morning (or whenever you get up after a long sleep), your body is at its emptiest because you haven't been eating and drinking. That's why your weight first thing when you get up is usually your lowest weight.

Re: what works for losing weight. What works for me, so far, is limiting the number of calories I eat a day, measuring portions, and keeping a written record of how much I eat. There are lots of other people here who follow plans like mine and many others who follow different plans. Look around and find what works for you.

But try to be patient with your body. We didn't gain all this weight in a month; we're not going to lose it in a month.
BudgetBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 01:41 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liliann View Post
Great start on your 14 Lbs loss so far!! Way to go!! Good luck with your continue efforts!!!
thank you im trying really hard!
Old 07-24-2011, 01:44 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamber33 View Post
Welcome! And congrats on your weight loss so far!! I started at 280 too, so I know how challenging it is to work out sometimes. I'm in AZ, so I also know how the heat makes it harder. You just have to figure out what works for you. I do exercises and play 'just dance' on the wii during the day (in the AC). And I wait until about 7 pm to go walk. I walk 2 miles every day right now, bumped up from 1 mile I was walking when I began. It's still usually 100 degrees at 7pm, so I just make sure I take a nice, cold bottle of water with me. You're doing great so far, you can make this work!!
this heat is unbearable!! i just moved to this neighborhood well a few months ago but i had broke my ankle when i first moved in so now im really scared to put so much pressure on it. and im really unfamilar with the neighborhood i got lost coming home yesterday lol. i tried the exercise dance videos and they are just plain hard and to fast so i guess i should start looking for something else. are you on any dieting or just exercising?? oh and thank you!
Old 07-24-2011, 01:47 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgetBaby View Post
Welcome, Losingdaybyday!

From your post, it sounds like you were confused that you weighed more now than this morning? Forgive me if I didn't understand that right. It's normal to weigh more at the end of your day than you do when you first get out of bed. Everything we eat and drink has weight. While our body is digesting it, it makes us temporarily "heavier". In the morning (or whenever you get up after a long sleep), your body is at its emptiest because you haven't been eating and drinking. That's why your weight first thing when you get up is usually your lowest weight.

Re: what works for losing weight. What works for me, so far, is limiting the number of calories I eat a day, measuring portions, and keeping a written record of how much I eat. There are lots of other people here who follow plans like mine and many others who follow different plans. Look around and find what works for you.

But try to be patient with your body. We didn't gain all this weight in a month; we're not going to lose it in a month.
yes you are right. i had weight my self this morning and was so happy i was 263 then around noon i was 266 i was sooooo upset!! but i never thought of it that was! i do need to start writing down what i eat i usually count in my head to see if i had enough calories maybe im off! i dont have a machine that weighs food so i do it by eye? its hard!! im trying to be patient its just so hard
thanks for the info
Old 07-24-2011, 01:54 AM   #8  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by losingdaybyday View Post
yes you are right. i had weight my self this morning and was so happy i was 263 then around noon i was 266 i was sooooo upset!! but i never thought of it that was! i do need to start writing down what i eat i usually count in my head to see if i had enough calories maybe im off! i dont have a machine that weighs food so i do it by eye? its hard!! im trying to be patient its just so hard
thanks for the info
Welcome to 3FC =)

Yep. Weight fluctuates daily all day long. It even fluctuates from day to day and sometimes it can take a couple of weeks to show a lot of pounds lost. It's completely normal.

Weight loss is not linear. It goes up and down, even as we're trying to lose it.

If you don't have a food scale, then at the very least use measuring cups. You might be surprised how off our mental images of food amounts can be! And definitely start tracking your food at least for a little while. Again, you might surprise yourself at what's going on.

You can definitely do this. Best of wishes
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 12:59 PM   #9  

i weighed my self today and i was 264! but that a pound gain from yesterday morning when i was 263!! but 2 pounds loss from when i weighed my self in the middle of the day lol. i decided im going to stick to weighing my self once a day and thats n the morning because im becoming so obsessed with weighing my self. so 264 today lets just see how it goes!!
Old 07-24-2011, 01:55 PM   #10  

S/C/G: Current: 252/238/199

Height: 170 cm

Hi there. Personally, I only weigh once a week. I know people have their own means and methods, but for me I find it disheartening if I am up one day, and if I only weigh every week, I know if I have one bad day, i have 6 days to make it ok, its only my opinion though, its hard to go a week without weighing and some people are the opposite and like to know every day what they weigh, what they have to do and where they stand, for me I can last a week without weighing, and see the number then. But go with what you like doing and best of luck!!
irishlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:20 AM   #11  

im tryin to stay away from the scale but it so hard but i went from doing it several times a day to only in the morning now im tryin to get to every other day and so forth