Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-21-2011, 06:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/219/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Kinda new kinda nervous.

Hey there, My name is Ravin, I just found this site a few minutes ago. browsing through i can see there are some one here that have made a huge impact in others lives. That is something I like to see.

Well, To start right now I weigh 220 pounds. My heaviest weight ever was almost 270, and my smallest was 178. I got depressed and ballooned again. I never lost weight the healthy way either. I never really had someone who helped me in a way that I could be excited about.

What makes it worse is that my roommate is a fitness OCD health nut. She says i can do it but at my weight and size i can not even imagine keeping up with her. She moves way to fast for me. I am looking for people who can help me decide what some good options are to help me lose. I am so tired of being this big. I am tired of not looking at myself in the shower and i am tired of hating my body. I want to feel pretty again and i want to love me. And i have not ever done that in my life.

I have been through a lot in my life. I lost a sister who was three, I was abused as a child and I grew up in a not so great family. I still deal with my issues but eating seems to be the way I go. I want to stop. I want to change my life.

So this is why I am here. Thank you for taking the time to read this. I really do appreciate being welcomed here.
ready to lose it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:53 PM   #2  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Welcome to 3FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready to lose it View Post
Hey there, My name is Ravin, I just found this site a few minutes ago. browsing through i can see there are some one here that have made a huge impact in others lives. That is something I like to see.

Well, To start right now I weigh 220 pounds. My heaviest weight ever was almost 270, and my smallest was 178. I got depressed and ballooned again. I never lost weight the healthy way either. I never really had someone who helped me in a way that I could be excited about.

What makes it worse is that my roommate is a fitness OCD health nut. She says i can do it but at my weight and size i can not even imagine keeping up with her. She moves way to fast for me. I am looking for people who can help me decide what some good options are to help me lose. I am so tired of being this big. I am tired of not looking at myself in the shower and i am tired of hating my body. I want to feel pretty again and i want to love me. And i have not ever done that in my life.

I have been through a lot in my life. I lost a sister who was three, I was abused as a child and I grew up in a not so great family. I still deal with my issues but eating seems to be the way I go. I want to stop. I want to change my life.

So this is why I am here. Thank you for taking the time to read this. I really do appreciate being welcomed here.
First of all Second and this is just my opinion, DO NOT try and keep up with your roommate it may just set you up for discouragement. Second of all you are worth being healthy and you are a child of God, so you are beautiful! I say look around the forums there are many good ones and find the ones you are most comfortable with and fills your needs. So until we hear from you again God Bless.
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:50 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC!

While it can be good to have people in our lives who are aiming to be healthier, we should not make the mistake of "trying to keep up" with them. We all have to go at our own pace.

The mere act of DOING something is better than watching from the sidelines. You may not be able to run a mile, but you sure as heck can take the first step and walk! You may not be able to jog up a hill, but you can take the stairs instead of the elevator. Aim to add movements into your day. Even little things add up!

Think: Sustainable changes. Maybe you cut out sodas, and for a week you simply aim to drink mostly water. Then the next week you continue drinking water and add in a fruit or vegetable with every meal or snack you have. The week after you start writing down every thing you eat in a food journal. Not even changing the portions, but just writing it down. Etc. Etc. Choosing a new healthy activity to add into your life one week at a time. Suddenly, a couple months go by and you've made a dozen healthy changes to your life!

You can do this. Look around. Post wherever you're comfortable
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:34 AM   #4  
Gaining control

S/C/G: 148/131/120

Height: 5'2

Hello! I am new too!

You can totally do it! Set small and simple goals for yourself to start. Accomplishing easier goals first, like drinking 8 glasses of water a day is a healthy start and it will feel good to reach those little goals. I wouldn't try to keep up with your roommate either. You will just set yourself up for disappointment (like previous poster said). Keep it manageable for you. Start with easier exercises like walking 30 minutes a day and maybe 30 minutes of either yoga and/or pilates on another day. I started jogging, and after my first jog, I realized maybe that was unrealistic. I hadn't ran in ages so I started doing interval walking/jogging until I worked myself up to a pace that I only walked at the beginning (warm up) and end (cool down) of my jog. Listen to your body and trust yourself about what and how much of something is right for you.
mamamorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:11 AM   #5  
300+ Chick

Good luck with your efforts!! YOU can do it!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:08 PM   #6  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

I can't really add anything to the wonderful words of advice from the others... so I will simply say WELCOME and it's nice to meet you!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:33 PM   #7  
tallnthick

S/C/G: 203/193/180

Height: 5'9"

Default Every step will make u stronger

Hi. I just started a few days ago. I dont think u should try to keep up with your roommate. If u try, u will feel like a failure because u are just starting. Dont be so hard on yourself. First, just start by eating smaller meals. Drink lots of water. U shouldnt try to over do it. Start slowly incorporating exercise. Walking is a good start. You can add jogging into the mixture n strength training whenever you feel comfortable. I also had a fough childhood. I was raped at age 6, by a family member. After that my stepdad began doing things 2 me (french kissing, placing me on his lap, and getting on top of me humping). He never penentrated me but to this day, I have 2 sleep with my bedroom door closed. I have been through so much. I have contemplated writing a book! I think it would be hard to find a publisher. Also, my mom just passed May 13. Can u imagine that? My reason for getting healthy is my kids and myself. Life is 2 short 2 be miserable and unhappy. I have a beautiful smile (like my mom). I want to show it off 2 the world. Anything is possible. I started this for my birthday, June 20. I plan on being 30 pounds lighter by December. U cant expect fast results. Stay positive and u will succeed. Sry so long.
lilneezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 158/143/115

Height: 5'2"

Welcome Raven, I wish you nothing but good luck on your journey!!!
loosing40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:35 PM   #9  
Future Fitness Model

S/C/G: 196.5/184.4/140

Height: 5'3

Welcome Raven.. Good luck to you on your journey...
KamsMoMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:29 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 230/219/160

Thanks to everyone who posted in here. I really do appreciate the kind words and the encouragement. I have started to change my eating habits a tiny bit, I have added for vegetables, more fruits. less soda, and more water. I started taking my vitamins And i also am trying to make a conscious effort not to go over board like i have been. Its tough, but I know i can do it. And I want to thank you all again for having the nice words. It really does mean a lot to see people going through similar times.
ready to lose it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:15 PM   #11  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

That's what we are all here for to help encourage others and the end result is the more we help others the more we help ourselves. Looking forward to getting to know you. Have a blessed day.
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote