Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-18-2011, 01:22 PM   #1  
Choose Your Hard

S/C/G: 180 / ticker / 140

Height: 5'5"

Default Hello! Looking forward to meeting & losing weight with you!

Hi,

I'm Michele, 31, and tired of feeling terrible and having to suck in my stomach! I have slowly gained weight since I got out of college and have refused to acknowledge that I am overweight and getting close to being obese. I hate not fitting into my clothes! I have a closet full of stuff I can't wear, and I refuse to keep feeling bad about it. I am happy to find this place so I can have some accountability and a place to go to get motivated.

I have not told anyone how much I weigh in years, so here it goes….. I weigh 176 lbs. *Whew* that was hard but I won't be here for long, I WILL it. My goal is 130 lbs. I have started the calorie counting & exercising! I have lost 2 lbs already! YAY!! *jumping around*

So, it is so great to be here & i can't wait to see how everyone else is doing!
Michele
DollyMichele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 01:28 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC =)

Congrats on losing those first two pounds! Awesome!

We're glad to have you join us There are a lot of places around the board, so take your time and just post wherever you're comfortable. There's a 30-something's area, and a Calorie Counters section under Diet Central to start you off.

Can't wait to see you around the boards!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 01:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/185/140

Height: 5'6"

Hello Dollymichelle
That sure rings a bell with me- closet full of clothes that don't fit. I have every size I've been for the last 15 years sitting in bags in the garage right now because I just did a major purge about a month ago. That's what all the experts say you should do right? If you can't wear it today, get rid of it! Well I did it and I have to say it was quite liberating, and as hard as it was to let go of some of my favourite size 9s... I thought, hey I'll just treat myself to some new clothes when I get back to that goal size!!!! Time for a style update anyway! ha
Good luck with your journey! You are not alone.
startwalking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 02:02 PM   #4  
i will win this time!

S/C/G: 267/244/150

Height: 5'6

Hi Dolly, im very happy that your on your way! Congrats on the first two pounds. I have had the same struggles. The beautiful clothes hanging in the closet, mocking me that i used to be smaller, WAY smaller. Ive had two children and my husband hasnt gained a pound except i have, 85 pounds to be exact in 6 years! im very happy that there is a community where we can come to support eachother. Keep me posted on your journey and i know you will reach your destination very soon.
want2bebak2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 189/167/135

Height: 5' 2"

I don't have a closet full of clothes that don't fit--they are all in the attic! I totally feel your pain!
creativeamanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 248/213/175

Height: 5'11"

Hi Michele, just popping in to say hello and wish you luck! Don't even get me started on the clothes...you would not believe the size range taking up space in my closet....I will say thankfully just recently I am not wearing the largest ones anymore so that is feeling pretty good....
Scooter59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 255.3/241.8/134

Height: 5'4"

Hello, fellow Texas resident! This is my first post (haven't even made my own introduction yet!)

Just wanted to say that I'm looking forward to seeing you post around here and best of luck to you as you continue!
Helena313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:53 PM   #8  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Talking

Hi Michele
I was right where you were in April, except at 163! My 3rd time to be this weight in 20 yrs!
I joined the daily thread and now, I shop in my attic and closet! I it and wouldn't have made it without the help of the nice ladies and Larry!!
Stop by and check us out!!
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote