Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-09-2011, 05:00 PM   #1  

Default Hello! Could do with a hand regaining my motivation and momentum!

Hey!

Just wanted to say hi! I've just found out about this site and think it's pretty amazing the way everyone helps and supports each other! Hopefully I can get and give some support too!

Ok so I have been trying to lose weight for about 7 moths now (minus the last 7 weeks - as I was travelling). Anyway, in the 6ish months I followed my plan I lost 63lbs, still got a fair way to go though. The problem is I have been back for 2 weeks now, back into training and tryting to stick to my diet but everything just seems boring and hard. My trainer's changed my plan but I'm really struggling to get back into it. He suggested I joined this forum so that I actually talk about tryling to lose weight, because I don't like talking to people about losing weight to friends and family (except my boyfriend).

Anyway I start uni in September and had hoped to have lost atleast 25lbs by then but am worried that I won't manage it!

Well not exactly sure what else to say.

Thanks for reading!
alz139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 155/134/120

Height: 5'2"

Hi! I'm brand new here too and I'm not sure how much I can help you regain motivation, since I'm currently in the same boat, but I'll try! I'm going back to uni in the fall as well and I'm hoping to lose 25 more pounds by then, and also really only talk to my boyfriend about losing weight, but there's only so much I want to unload on him/only so much feedback he can give me.

One of the things that helps me is thinking about the fact that I've already managed to actually lose weight. That's a huge accomplishment in itself! You've already lost a lot of weight, so be proud of that. It'll help put you into a positive mind set. If you've already lost over 60 pounds, what's stopping you from losing more? Nothing! Always keep a good mindset, and never let yourself get discouraged. We all have our rough days, even rough weeks. You just have to keep going.
Zoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 140/136/100

Height: 4'11"

Welcome! You'll find this place to be the haven you were looking for. I've only been here a few days but I'm finding this place more and more helpful! Your trainer was definitely looking out for your best interests.. the ladies on this forum are incredibly helpful and supportive. Just reading posts from people doing so well has kept me pretty motivated.

I definitely agree with Zoseph! Keeping a positive attitude about the weight loss will definitely help a ton. It sounds so simple and like you actually arent getting advice something you already know.. but its very hard to get into that "YEAH! I can do this!" positive mood. Everyone here does a really good job at pushing you up and helping you along! Definitely keep in mind how amazing it will feel to post in the goal thread! Or finally fitting in those size (goal size) jeans that you've been dying to be able to!

Anyways, good luck and definitely come here when you are feeling down! There are so many different spots to enjoy, theres always something to do
uhohitsamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:30 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC =)

I think joining in on a forum where people discuss weight loss and being healthier in general is an excellent idea. You'll see some great pointers around here as well as good advice and insight into various situations.

Congratulations on the weight you've lost so far!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:23 PM   #5  

Thank you for the advice!

@Zoseph: Knowing there is someone in the same position as me is help in itself. I know exactly what you mean about only sharing bit and bobs with your bf about losing weight, I'm exactly the same! As for positive attitude, that's always been my weakness with my weight loss. Been working on it/ made to work on it! Thanks though!

@uhohitsamb: thanks! I will have a read around, try and get so motivation that way. Thanks

@lovely: Thank you! I do plan to have a look around for pointers!

X
alz139 is offline   Reply With Quote