Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-20-2011, 02:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/193/165

Height: 5'7"

Smile New chick on the block :)

Hi everyone - this is an awesome forum for us folks on our weightloss journey!
I started Ideal Protein last year and lost almost 30 pounds. I have been doing the "diet for 5 days and don't for 2" diet plan and it's not working! Of course, I understand why it's not working so kicked myself in the rearend this morning and back at it again!
I need to lose at least 28 more and know I can do it because Ideal Protein really works when you stick to it!
Joined here for ideas, support and positive vibes! Thanks for sharing your inspirational stories - good to know we are never alone in this challenge
albertagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:52 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC =)

Congratulations on your success! Keep at it!

Best of wishes!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 03:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220.5/185/140

Height: 5'7

Welcome to 3FC. I'm a newbie too! Good luck!!!
oksoitsjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 03:40 PM   #4  
Being Me-Inside and Out

S/C/G: 259/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Hello and good luck
sheramama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 03:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 194/194/145

Height: 5'4"

Good luck!
RoadtotheNewMe1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:25 PM   #6  

Thanks for the welcome everyone! How is everyone losing weight? Which plan are you on? How about exercise programs?
Old 06-20-2011, 04:34 PM   #7  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertagirl View Post
Thanks for the welcome everyone! How is everyone losing weight? Which plan are you on? How about exercise programs?
I'm following Weight Watchers Points Plus, all the while making sure most of my points are coming from whole sources. Or at least more whole than they used to be!

Right now I do yoga and walking on my treadmill. I alternate some days between the two, usually adding up to about 20 minutes a day. I'm slowly building up towards 30 minutes a day, but I'm in no rush. I really enjoy my treadmill, but I'm looking forward to switching things up depending on the days of the week in the future.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 05:27 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 198/191/140

Height: 5'5"

Default One more try..

So here I am in a latch ditch effort to lose the fat. Im 40 years old and have struggled with my weight since my early twenties. The last year I have been working out 5 to seven days a week, doing boot camp, running 5 k and lifting weights, I even hired a personal trainer. So hundreds of dollars and hours later I lost about 8 lbs. Even my trainer couldnt understand it, I followed her directions for my eating, 5 - 6 small meals, eating clean, healthy carbs, protein, carbs and fat in each meal lots of fruit and veggies. A fat lotta good it did. Theres no denying the excersize was good for me. Im super strong can do 60 full on pushups, hundreds of squats and crunches and can run for the first time in my life. But still fat. So it's not that I dont have the discipline, it just seems like no matter how hard I work out, how much I track my food, and how clean I eat, the scale doesnt budge. So I have an appointment with a wellness clinic in two weeks to try ID diet. Here's hoping this works.
darbi40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:47 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbi40 View Post
So here I am in a latch ditch effort to lose the fat. Im 40 years old and have struggled with my weight since my early twenties. The last year I have been working out 5 to seven days a week, doing boot camp, running 5 k and lifting weights, I even hired a personal trainer. So hundreds of dollars and hours later I lost about 8 lbs. Even my trainer couldnt understand it, I followed her directions for my eating, 5 - 6 small meals, eating clean, healthy carbs, protein, carbs and fat in each meal lots of fruit and veggies. A fat lotta good it did. Theres no denying the excersize was good for me. Im super strong can do 60 full on pushups, hundreds of squats and crunches and can run for the first time in my life. But still fat. So it's not that I dont have the discipline, it just seems like no matter how hard I work out, how much I track my food, and how clean I eat, the scale doesnt budge. So I have an appointment with a wellness clinic in two weeks to try ID diet. Here's hoping this works.
The Ideal Protein Diet will work for you! And with your increased muscle mass with all yout previous workouts you should drop quickly! You'll have to lay off the heavey workouts for awhile tho - not enough calories to work out! How mauch weight do you want to lose!