Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-18-2011, 03:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 137/115/107

Height: 5'2"

Default Looking for Support

Very new to this site, I'm looking for some quality information and tips. Any advice will be very much appreciated!!!

I'm a 32 year old Mom of 2. Right now I'm 30 lbs overweight. I'm a shortie, petite and small framed, so it's a lot for me. I just can't get the weight off!

I work out daily, climb, jog, hike &/or elliptical... along with a bit of weights. I eat healthy- mostly all natural and organic, and I'm a vegetarian. I usually do a protein shake for lunch. I don't eat a few hours before bed, and I drink plenty of water.

How can I lose this fat FAST? My scale has been completely stuck for the last 2 weeks. I know there are some smarties here- what are your best weight[fat] loss tips???

TIA!!!!!!
skinny fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 07:01 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC =)

Fast? There are a million ways to lose weight fast... none of them I would recommend, because it ends up aaaaalllll back on. And then some.

Fast doesn't matter. Forever does.

It sounds like you do a lot of exercise, which is great!

To lose weight, though, we have to eat fewer calories than we are expending. (Calories in vs. Calories out) There are a number of ways to accomplish this, but you might want to start by simply tracking all the food that you eat for a week or two. Not changing anything, just writing it down and being mindful of it.

You might be surprised to find that you eat more than you expend. Once you lower your calorie intake, weight should start dropping. To lose 30 pounds could take a person a few months or could take them a year, but the important part is that it is done healthfully...and that new habits are developed in that time to keep the weight off once it's dropped.

So best weight loss tips? Stick with it no matter what. This is a lifetime change, not a race. Be honest about food intake by tracking and being mindful. Move more. Find support, give support. And if something's not working, then don't be afraid to experiment by tweaking the plan.

There's a 30-something's board here, a Featherweights board, a Vegetarian section and all sorts of other areas. I hope you find what you're looking for and best of wishes!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200 / 180? / 140

Height: 5'4"

I second what Lovely said. Even the fast weight-loss tricks are no guarantee as every body is different. I'm a huge fan of tracking what you eat (every single nibble and sip) and calorie counting. I also do low carb/high protein, which works well for me because it keeps me feeling full longer and retains my lean muscle mass since I exercise so much. It's still perfectly possible to be eating too much even when we're eating healthily.

You'll find a lot of advice and support here, but always remember that no matter what others suggest, you know what your body is telling you.

Good luck!
Ferumbras is offline   Reply With Quote