Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-13-2011, 07:22 AM   #1  
Gotta do it!!!

S/C/G: 242/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Hardest Thing I have done...how do you get the weight tracker bar?

This seems like this will be the hardest thing I have ever done. I have 110 pounds to lose. I don't like many veggies and fruits...any suggestions. And...how do you put the weight tracker on your profile?
bigmomma79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:56 AM   #2  

Learn to like fruits and vegetables. There are so many and so many ways to prepare them. If you continue to eat the same foods as you did gaining - do you think you will have success? If you always do what you always did you will get the same results.

I learned a new and healthy way of eating and have lost over 200 pounds.

Don't look at the total amount you have to lose. Focus on 5-10% of your current weight at a time and it is much more managable and doable. When you reach your goal, give yourself a small non-food reward.

Track every bite, lick and taste. Weigh and measure everything to get it firmly fixed in your mind what a portion is.

Love your body as it is now.

You can certainly attain this goal.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:58 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC! =D

First things first. What's your plan like for now? Are you following something specific? Counting calories? Watching carbs? Using a program of some kind?

As long as you find something that are comfortable with, and won't feel deprived on then you can absolutely lose the weight. Healthy choices... one day at a time... one meal at a time... and the weight will eventually come off.

Fruits and vegetables are good for us. It can be hard to get enough in when we don't like them, but there are ways. Smoothies to sneak in veggies. Learn to cook a recipe that hides them. Or discover a new way of preparing them! Roasting or cooking them with a smidge of oil. Mixing them with vegetables you DO enjoy.

The tickers that you see are available to members who've been around for 20 days and have made 20 posts. Use it as a mini-goal. Stick with healthier changes for just 20 days and you'll be rewarded with a signature.

Everyone at 3FC wants to see everyone else succeed. We're all here with health and fitness in mind. It's a goal every single person can accomplish.

Can't wait to see you around the boards!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

Introduce one new fruit or vegetable per week. That way you get to taste new flavours but in a slow tempo so you don't get overwhelmed.

Kale
Carrots
Brocolli
Corn
Onion
Garlic
Chilli
Blueberries
Raspberries
Strawberries

I think berries are great as an entry point because they tend to taste sweet.
IsabellaOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:55 AM   #5  

Hi.

I'm pretty new, too. I don't like many veggies either, and the ones I do like (corn, white potatoes) are high in starch.

I thought I did not like squash and onion, but I found that if you microwave them with carrots and zucchini, it's really good. Even tastier with a little olive oil (Sonoma Diet way).

Good luck to all of us!
Tabbycat is offline   Reply With Quote