Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-08-2011, 04:37 PM   #1  

Red face Petite Vegetarian trying to get down 10 more lbs.

Hi! I can't quite seem to know where to go. I have tried other forums but I keep getting shunned. I'm 26, 4'10" and weigh 108 lbs. I know that is normal but 108 lbs looks very big on my small, petite frame. I would like to lose 10 more lbs (I was up to 118 a year ago) and I'm looking for friends and support. If I lose an additional 10 pounds, I am still at a normal, healthy weight for my height. I keep hearing comments about how low 98 lbs is but I'm 4'10"! And I do not have an ED. It is normal for me. Anyone in a similar situation? Thanks for reading
kristal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 05:04 PM   #2  
Gotta Lose to Win

S/C/G: 209/209/130

Height: 5'6

maybe you need some toning instead of weight loss? im just saying lol. ive only been on this site for about 2 weeks but most people here are about 50+ lbs overweight. not trying to discourage you or be mean or anything but like i said sounds like toning instead of weight loss
kimicat76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 05:10 PM   #3  
Gotta Lose to Win

S/C/G: 209/209/130

Height: 5'6

oh and we have a featherweight forum for yall peeps =P
kimicat76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 05:30 PM   #4  

Thanks for your responses. I'm looking to be healthy and I have a higher than I'd like body fat percentage that I'd like to bring down. Being 4'10", it is incredibly hard to lose weight. I don't need to just "tone" up. I'm just trying to find other women such as myself. I guess I will have to look elsewhere.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Hey there! I'm also super short, and have a ways to go before I will even be CLOSE to your weight! However, I am in the same boat. 5-10 lbs looks like a lot on us. I do think that a combination of a small loss + toning would be ideal for you. Either way, I hear ya on the Shortness thing. It's rough!
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:53 PM   #6  
nearly there

S/C/G: 145/111/95

Height: 5"1"

I can relate. I've been struggling for years to lose my last five pounds. Taller people and people with higher starting weights just can't and won't understand what us shorter and lighter folks go through. Not only does a little extra weight look like a lot on us but it's harder for us to lose since we need less calories to begin with.

I would echo the suggestion to try the Featherweights forum. Also check out the Short Chicks Thread which is which you will find in the Support Groups section.

Best of luck.
Magrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:31 PM   #7  

Thank you SO much for the replies. I was ready to move when I saw that my post had supportive replies! I will post in the featherweight & short chicks forum. Thanks again