Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-01-2011, 12:18 AM   #1  
Rockstar in Training

S/C/G: 201/192/140

Height: 5'

Default Portland Rockstar in Training!

Hello all,
I wanted to introduce myself because I'm really excited about finding 3fatchicks.com and I'm only on day 1 but I can already tell I've made a lifestyle change, not just started a diet.
I'm 33, in not so sunny Portland, Oregon. I'm single as heck (and *loving* it).
I've always been pudgy as a kid and as I settled in back to back long term relationships, the pounds crept on. Of course, the stress from the breakups would have me lose a few pounds and I felt good.
I went through my most devastating breakup last summer and instead of losing weight, I gained way more than I ever have.
I'm 5' and almost 200 pounds. I've never been almost 200 pounds consistently.
I'm still dealing with the breakup but my main motivation is that if my ex (who is the man I wanted to marry) ever saw me right now, it would be a huge blow to my self esteem.
Of course, I want to be healthy, but come on girls (and guys) wouldn't you want your ex to see you and say 'Damn, she looks hot'.
So that's me in a nutshell for now. Even if no one replies to this, it's all good. I'm doing this for me and my reasons and I'm excited and don't want to go back to frozen dinners, eating 20 McDonalds chicken nuggets in one sitting, ice cream because I 'had a bad day', or 2 large quad caramel mochas everyday.
I'm ready to be the fabulous rockstar I used to be.
Peace and love to everyone!
RiceBunnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Welcome! 3FC rocks.
I'm from Astoria, Or. At the moment I live in WA though!
I'm sure you'll find the support you need here!
abetterme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:52 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC =)

You'll find a lot of support and so much knowledge from people who are following all sorts of plans and using methods that fit their lives.

In my humble opinion, the greatest part about 3FC is the positive support. Everyone here might be from different walks of life and doing different things to lose weight, but we all WANT for each member to lose the weight and be healthier.

Can't wait to get to know you better on your journey!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 179/170/140

Height: 5'5

Yeah, you're going to love it here. Like Lovely says, there is a lot of positive support!!
I just joined but I love it already, I feel so inspired.
But I don't know if i could ever let go of mochas...
ChubbyCheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/186/165

Height: 5'5"

I'm from Eugene Oregon! Welcome to 3fc!
UknwULikeThat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:26 AM   #6  
Rockstar in Training

Thank you so much everyone! I don't even remember how I stumbled on this site but I'm so glad I did!
Yes, there are so many good ideas and recipes and meal ideas. I could spend all day just browsing around. I kind of made my own diet/exercise routine from a few really great posts with things I feel I can handle. The main thing that kicked my butt in gear was actually reading labels! I can't believe the junk I've put in my body before without realizing it. But yes ChubbyCheeks, the coffee is my ultimate downfall. I refuse to give it up but I'm trying to keep it as healthy as possible and no more adding creamer til the color's just right! haha I actually measure how much I'm putting in there.
Kelsey, Uknw, thanks again! You guys are great! Idk about you guys but Portland has *not* stopped raining or being bright and sunny for a second and then dark and gray. If you're hoarding the sun, please send some this way!!
Lovely and Kelsey looking at your tickers CONGRATS!!!!!! I hope to see my little icon scootin her butt towards the right of my ticker when i can figure out how to use it!
Have a great nice everyone and it was really nice to meet ya!
Old 06-02-2011, 04:04 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 230/230/160

Height: 5'9''

Hi Bunnie,
I've just started too! I know what you mean, i was in the same boat as you a few years ago, lost all the weight I wanted to after the break up cos "that'll show him!" but actually it showed me I was worth more than him (what an @ss he was! He called my dad before breaking up with me to tell him I'd be getting bad news and would probably have to move home for a bit...not bitter....ahem.... moving on...) But any way I got myself a new man and I'm happy with him just not happy in myself any more cos I piled on the pounds, he still loves me for me and just wants me to be happy. And I will be as soon as a third of me is gone

Are you counting calories or are you following a plan? I'm doing weight watchers cos I like the points system.

Stick with whatever you chose to do and do it for you! See you round the boards! Keep on rocking
sillykitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:11 PM   #8  
Rockstar in Training

Hey SillieKitten
I can't wait to be where you are! I know I'm worth more than him but until I see it in the mirror....well, you know.
I'm so sorry your ex did you dirty like that. But congrats of your new man!
I'm doing minimal calories/carbs/fat for the most part. Elliptical daily, some other cardio. Today was a cheat day (gotta have a little leniency on my diet or I'll completely fail). And I didn't even really cheat too bad. I just had a regular mocha like I used to and a breakfast sandwich, but dinner is back to basics and trying a new fish recipe. I'll just need to workout a little harder tomorrow to make up for it.
Luckily I pass time on the elliptical with crap reality TV. =D
Hope to see all you guys around...you're helping make this one of the best endeavors I've ever started in my life!
eHugs to everyone here!!!
Old 06-03-2011, 11:37 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 200 / 180? / 140

Height: 5'4"

Another one from Eugene here! (though I went to college in Portland several years ago)

Welcome! And frankly, I completely dig your reasons! Go for it.

Oh, and as for the ticker, you have to wait 20 days and 20 posts. Many people have used it as a mini-goal.

Last edited by Ferumbras; 06-03-2011 at 11:38 PM.
Ferumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:50 PM   #10  
Rockstar in Training

Ferumbras
Thanks for the ticker info! I can't wait to use mine. A visual (not just the scale) is really motivating for me. Maybe I'll make a banner 'ticker' at home with my abundance of craft stuff too.
And thanks for the support! LOL Portland is a pretty small town if you're a regular at your usual spots (I'm sure you know!) and no doubt I'll run into him again and when I do I want him to say 'Dayum!'
Congrats on your progress! All of you inspire me so much!