Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-25-2011, 07:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/115

Height: 5'0"

Default Cheers!

Introducing myself as I gain confidence in coming out of lurkdom and begin posting. I'm a 35 yr old mother of 2 with PCOS (diagnosed when I was 20). Thanks to the PCOS, I've battled my weight since puberty. My DH is an amazingly supportive guy who has never judged me for my size. I couldn't ask for a better cheerleader. But, it would still be nice to chat with like minded folks in a forum that can teach me some new techniques and keep me motivated.

I have 80 pounds to lose. I've had success in the past with the low carb lifestyle (because of the PCOS), but I've been lazy over the last couple of years due to work stress and kid activities and I haven't been making time for myself. I'm sure a billion people can relate. But the day has come, where I've found the strength to start taking control of my life again and reinstate better eating habits. I work out fairly regularly, so I really think my love of all things carbohydrate is my current downfall. I lost 70 pounds 6 years ago and I've gained back 20, so I'm still down 50 lbs overall. But I want to shed the rest once and for all.

I look forward to chatting with everyone. I've been reading some amazing success stories - wonderful!
dogdaysofdiets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:08 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hi there & welcome to 3FC =)

There's a Dieting with Obstacles section where you can find others with PCOS. There's a Low Carb area under Diet Central. A 30-somethings support group. And all sorts of other areas, those are just to start. Post wherever you're comfortable and keep at it!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/196/165

Height: 5'09

Hey! Welcome to the website. I had the best of luck with the low carb diet, my down fall tho is I love BREAD lol. When I was able to stick with it after I had my little boy I lost alot of the baby weight then I slacked but did not over indulge and have not gained back much of the weight. To me it was the hardest diet to stick to only because I love carbs lol. Good luck! and its nice to meet you!

Dana
dmam82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/115

Height: 5'0"

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm still making my way through the forum categories - thank you for pointing me toward a few that will help me. I've lost 4 pounds over the last week and a half, but it would have been more had Memorial Day weekend not been thrown in there, LOL! Darn picnics!
dogdaysofdiets is offline   Reply With Quote