Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-24-2011, 10:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/185/140

Height: 5'7"

Red face Ready to be the Mom I always wanted to be

Hi everyone. I've been lurking on this site since October and I have found everyone to be so inspiring and supportive. My weight loss has been stalled for months now, so I think it's time to actively participate on here rather than staying in the shadows. So, in that spirit, here's my story/rant...

I'm a Mom to two wonderful children, a son, age 4, and a daughter, age 20 months. I also work full time and have a 40-minute commute to work each day. Suffice it to say that my days are extremely hectic and there isn't much, if any, time for me.

I am sick and tired of being a tired, frumpy Mommy. I want to be a hot Mom! I want to be a confident woman! The warm weather is here and I don't want to spend another summer sweating underneath black t-shirts and mom jeans. I haven't worn shorts in nearly 10 years. I haven't worn a bathing suit in over 12 years. I have never gone swimming or played in the water with my kids. My husband will take them in the water while I stay up on the beach and watch (while wearing jeans). This is not the kind of mom I want to be! I don't want to sit out on the fun anymore! My kids are missing out on opportunities because of me! I will do anything for my kids - but why haven't I lost weight for them? They deserve a happy, confident Mom. My husband deserves a happy and confident wife. I deserve a happy and confident me!

I think my biggest problem is that, frankly, I just keep making excuses - even though they feel completely valid at the time. "I can't exercise right now because I need to fold laundry." "I'll just order pizza tonight because I don't have a lot of time to cook dinner." "I'll get up to exercise at 5 tomorrow morning, so I don't need to work out right now." And yadda, yadda, yadda, blah, blah, blah. Excuses, excuses, excuses. I'll start off my day with the best of intentions, then, before I know it, all my motivation is lost throughout the day and I go to bed fat, tired, frumpy and unhappy - and I haven't done anything all day to change that.

What I need is accountability - and I think this site is the perfect place to start. It's time to become the mom/woman I always wanted to be!

Can anyone else relate?
High Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:04 AM   #2  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

i hear you.. im there too...Ive been lurking around the site..listening in on conversations on posts..and i too have been sitting here wondering what kind of mom im going to be for the rest of my life..my daughter is almost a year and i AM that frumpy mom thats wearing those mom jeans and black teeshirts and too am afraid of being seen in a bathing suit and because of that i never take my daughter swimming..I feel as if im taking away from my daughter because im so unhappy with my body..and now ....im ready..im ready to do this..I dont want to be that anymore.. i want to be that hot mama that guys look at and cant even notice that im a mama whos to had a baby just a year ago...

So (raises a glass) here is to frumpy mamas everywhere, ready to get there body together and ready to step into that hot mama body!
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:34 AM   #3  

Height: 67.7

wow, you've certainly got the motivation that's needed. You fired me up! I would highly recommend you to join weight watchers. I've been with them for almost 12 weeks and I've lost 10 pounds.

The weekly weigh in meetings hold you accountable and help you to stick to your points and help you to lose weight week after week. And it also motivates you to exercise regularly (so that you can have extra points to eat).

I'ts really a great program and it can help you reach your goals.

Good luck!

Last edited by Suzie Parker; 05-25-2011 at 03:36 AM.
Suzie Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:15 AM   #4  
Exercise-addicted

S/C/G: 248

Height: 5'8

Honey, you'll make it. Have faith in yourself and take your time. When I joined I was 260lbs. I'm now 238lbs and I am proud of myself for the weight I have lost. Don't worry about others, just concentrate on yourself. You'll do it!
serenityh is offline   Reply With Quote