Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-23-2011, 11:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 154/141/120

Height: 5'5

Default New member - Started Ideal Protein - Week 2

Hi everyone!

Just started ideal protein 2 weeks ago and my first weigh in I lost almost 6 lbs and I am thrilled. Alot of people had noticed and I have lost it in my face, breasts and tummy so it must be working.

I appreciate the recipes online to vary my foods. The first couple of days were tough as I was craving carbs but I stuck it out during week 1.

Week 2 has been hit or miss and I have had a couple of cheats but I am trying not to beat myself up about it too much and chalk it the next day as a new day.

I am trying to get used to the foods as I dont like the taste of splenda but am finding I am getting accustomed to the packets. I am finding my favorites like the mushroom soup, wildberry yogurt drink and chocolate drink.

What I am really struggling with is finding something crunchy to satisfy my cravings and raw veggies arent cutting it. I have tried the kale chips and they are okay but still wanting something potato chip like.

I have seen on this site some IP users were eating the restricted items that my coach said i shouldnt have until after week 3 but this is my downfall. Can I have the salt and vinegar IP chips in Phase 1? I am very close to buying them tomorrow as I figured it is better than eating potato chips if I was tempted to cheat anyhow. HELP!

I've been finding I am hungry on the occassional day even with alot of water and my veggies so I have been eating 1/2 portion of a protein like chicken or beef to satisfy me. Anyone else experiencing this? It is because I have cheated and it brings me back to day 1 of ketosis?

I really appreciate everyone sharing their journey as it is helping newbies like me.

Thanks!
Moonkakaladda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:22 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hi there & Welcome to 3fC =)

There's an Ideal Protein section down under Diet Central. So you might want to check there as people might be better able to answer your questions

Keep at it and post wherever you're comfortable!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: Current: 252/238/199

Height: 170 cm

I think I may be on a similiar diet, does it consist of mainly protein, and protein suplements, with very little carbs, and also some restricted vegetables (due to sugar content). If so I am on a similiar regime. And yes I sometimes (even after 8 weeks in) snack on a slice of ham, or small piece of chicken. It hasnt done me any harm and I am down over 35 lbs. I just make sure it is protein and not carbs I eat more of. I lost over 10 lbs the first week, but alot of that was water. I religiously drink 2 L of water at least. If you require more information or I can be of anymore assistance feel free to ask.
irishlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:36 PM   #4  

best of luck to you! It seems to be a great board to make good supportive friends!
yenny58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 154/141/120

Height: 5'5

Thank you everyone! Finding I am needing support from others that understand. My husband has been great - he was actually hiding in the pantry to eat chips as he didnt want to tempt me - too sweet. I am have wittled down the junk food which has been hard with 2 kids and a husband that loves his snacks. If figure I need to adjust with the food temptations in the real world rather than moving everything out of my home that the other members of my family enjoy. I am back on track today and commiting myself to feeling better, making healthier lifestyle so I can be around for my kids.

Thank you Irishlad about "cheating" with protein rather than with carbs. I know that in the end I will benefit with how much I put into it.
Moonkakaladda is offline   Reply With Quote