Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-23-2011, 10:30 PM   #1  

Smile Army Wife - Weightloss Struggle!

Hey everyone. I'm Amanda! Nice to meet you all I'm 24 (soon to be 25) and I'm married and have a beautiful little boy (2 1/2). I'm also an Army wife. My husband is active duty & currently deployed to the sandbox.

I am just looking for weight loss support. It can be a pretty lonely up-hill battle when your husband is gone for 1+ years at a time. I have a lot of friends where we are currently stationed...but no one seems to want to be that PUSH that I really need. They all have kind words...instead of the "kick-me-in-the-butt" words I really need to hear.

My "small" goal is to lose 15 lbs by September. My long term goal is 100+...but that number is SO daunting. I'm currently on Weight Watchers and I workout often.

Can't wait to get to know everyone!!

Last edited by ahhmanda; 05-23-2011 at 10:31 PM.
ahhmanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:20 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hi Amanda & Welcome to 3FC =)

I'm sure you'll find plenty of weight loss support and if you ask for a kick in the ***, we will most definitely give you one

Splitting up your goals is a great way to achieve them. And you absolutely can do this ^^

Keep coming back and posting wherever you're comfortable!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 163/143/135ish

Height: 5'2

Welcome Welcome! Hats of to you and your husband! I have a lot of respect and admiration for military families. This forum is a great resource for support and picking up a buddy to help with motivation for just about everything.

I'm Rachael and I've been on my WL journey since 05/09. I'm looking to loose 30ish pounds. I haven't set a goal as to when I'd like to see the pounds gone, I just want to see some consistant changes.
RachaelJ is offline   Reply With Quote