Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-22-2011, 04:25 AM   #1  

Default Hello All!

Hello everyone! I have been luring around the forums for a couple of weeks and finally decided that I was disgusted enough with my self to make a drastic change.

I am a recent college gard and started putting on massive weight during my last 3 years. I was living the frat life style, always drinking beer and partying before exam nights. This life style got the best of me and I found my self not to be able to fit into my college shorts and the shirts were tight. I kept thinking that I would eventually lose the weight and always tried to eat healthy, but it was just not working. I would eat fast food and drink excessive amount of alcohol during lunch - I was used to this kind of drinking during college, taking shots of Jager or Jake and Coke were not only encouraged but kinda mandatory.

Any how, I am absolutely disgusted with my self right now and decided I need to take a drastic step. I have decided to use the Medifast diet because another one of my co-workers manged to lose a good amount of weight on it.

Today was my third day on the diet and it has been mentally hard to stick with the plan and not get tempted with what everyone else is eating. But! I have stuck to the plan right down to the portions on my home cooked meals.

Tomorrow is day 4! I was just looking for some works on encouragements or advice form the community.

Thanks for reading!
costasandcroakies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 256/160/140

Height: 5'2

Great work with sticking to your plan!! Those first few days can be so darn hard! I had to break out a calorie journal (I even hate the name of that) to help keep myself accountable.

Again, good work making a positive decision to lose weight and know that you can do exactly what you have set out to!

Feel free to post and let us know what is going on, or let us help you in some way! Good luck!
Galatea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:31 AM   #3  

Hi! Thanks for the reply!

I would really like to post my daily journal everyday, I write about a paragraph every night about the day - but I was not sure any one would read it.

Today was day 4 and I think I am going pretty well. Which diet are you on?

Thanks so much!

Last edited by costasandcroakies; 05-23-2011 at 03:32 AM.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:49 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC =)

You'll find all sorts of people following different plans that fit their lives, but we all encourage eachother to keep healthy and lose weight their own way.

Grats on sticking to it for four days so far! Some days are easier than others, but in the long-run just keep on getting back up and going forward and you'll see results.

There's a Medifast section down under Diet Central if you want to connect with some others using that program, but I urge you to look around and post anywhere you feel comfortable as you never know what you might find to fit in your plan.

Best of wishes and always keep at it!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:24 PM   #5  

Thanks for the kind word guys! This forum is really inspiring when I read about people's weight loss. Today is day 7 for me and I think I'm doing pretty good. The first couple of days were really hard - but it is getting easier. I know how much hard work I have put into this over the past week so I am no longer tempted by those evil treats. I actually look forward to my salads!!!