Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-02-2011, 08:50 PM   #1  

Default Hello everyone, new here!

Hi guys! I am so glad to have found a message board that I feel will provide me with a little support through my journey.

I am 28 years old, 220lbs, and desperate to lose weight. I started in March of 2011, and I've lost 12lbs so far, slowly, but im ready to kick it into high gear. I'm a little skeptical about reaching my goal weight (150lbs) as I have been overweight my whole life.

I've cut back all processed foods, and am eating only natural products. I am also trying to work out for 30 minutes 5 times a day. Motivation for working out seems to be my main struggle.

Any words of encouragement or advice would definitely help, and I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Katyshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/225/135

Height: 5'3

Hey and Welcome I'm desperate to lose weight as well as I'm 35, 5'3 and 243 lbs. and not happy at all w/ myself. This is my heaviest weight ever and I realized that I can't do it on my own w/- the support of others I'm so glad this forum exists! Look forward to getting to know you and everyone else.
AmyLynn76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200 / 180? / 140

Height: 5'4"

I know what you mean about the struggle to work out. But I had a wake-up call the past month. February I was doing really well, exercising every day for 30-45 minutes. I lost a good ten pounds. Then we had a guest staying with us, and I traveled, and I stopped working out. Worst decision I could have made. Everything came back and more. Now I'm trying all over again, but am trying to keep that object lesson at the forefront of my mind when I don't want to get on the bike.

All that aside, welcome!! I'm new here as well, but so far I've found it to be a great and really friendly community with lots of great conversations (which are bad for my work productivity).

Good luck reaching your goals!
Ferumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 176/166/136

Height: 5'3"

Hi,
I'm new to this whole internet stuff. I'm excited to be here, if I can only figure this whole thing out.
Need a new size is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 200 / 180? / 140

Hi there, Need, and welcome.
Ferumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 216/207/150

Hi there, I'm new here too. I'm 27 and currently weigh 210 lbs. I've lost 6 lbs so far and really want to keep going. Good luck and I hope you will keep us up to date with your progress.

Just to add - I have always been overweight too and not sure if I can do it. I also find it hard to get motivated for excercise but I will give it a good go. U can do it girl!!

Last edited by chickalee; 05-04-2011 at 06:08 AM.
chickalee is offline   Reply With Quote