Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-25-2011, 11:07 AM   #1  
jesslr84

S/C/G: 275/273/160

Height: 5'9

Default About my life and weight loss journey's that never seemed to work

My name is Jessica, I'm 26, 5'9 and weighing my highest at 275. I am now at 273 after a week into trying to lose weight this time around. I have struggled with weight ever since I was in the 3rd grade. I have tried many diets along with diet pills. During the time of taking diet pills I would lose between 10 to 15 pounds. When the diet pills were gone, I wouldn't go back to the Dr. to get more cause I was afraid of what she may say with me not losing more. Not going back caused me to gain all the weight back. I have been through the name calling, the negative comments, and so on. I am dealing now with not being about to get pregnant due to what the Dr.'s call being over weight. My journey is not about being skinny, getting pregnant, or stop the negative comments. Its about me being Healthy and feeling good about myself. I have ordered me a weight loss packet thats called diet free life. My best friend recently ordered it and has lost pounds and inches just by eating healthier from the information it give. So I said why not try it also, you have tired everything else. I have a membership to the gym, but I find it easier to go out and walk in the open air it seems to be more relaxing. Also my weight loss journey this time I have added in once a day on the weekends to go hiking.
My goal is to lose 10 pounds at a time to get to my goal weight of 160. I know it will take time and alot of work. I am and will do this and nothing is going to get in my way. I plan on meeting a lot of people here on this website that is supportive and has a lot of motivation that will keep me going.
jesslr84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:06 PM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome! Best of luck on your weight loss journey.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:06 PM   #3  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

It sounds like you have a good plan! I think it’s great that you want to do this to get healthy and to feel better about yourself!! I am a huge advocate of setting mini-goals. And even tho you won’t drop 40 pounds overnight, you are going to feel better just knowing you are doing something about it. That feeling happens on Day 1! Just take it day by day and cut out things here and there instead of going cold turkey if that is what works for you. For me, it was all or nothing. For others, it was eliminating soda’s one week and then fried food the next.

Come here and read the message boards and just soak up all the invaluable advice offered!

Welcome!
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote