Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-14-2011, 08:14 PM   #1  
watch the queen conquer ♛

Talking HEY! Hey, you! Help me lose weight! :D

Hello! My name is Kari. I am a twenty one year old unmarried housewife from northeastern PA. I live on a 150 acre chunk of land that used to be a farm with my boyfriend of five years and some months (Chris) and our eight month old pup (Rambo).

I grew up at a normal weight, I guess you could say, but I always felt massive next to my super skinny mom and my super skinny sisters. My sisters were lucky enough to take after our mom while I took after my father. They're skinny and rail thin, but I have curves that were evident even when I was skinny ("childbearing hips" and a large chest). They have her darker features and her boniness, I have his lighter features and, well... like my father, I maintain a great weight to be at while I'm active and working out and stuff, but I quickly will gain weight when I stop.

I've got extremely weak ankles, though, due to all of the sports and things I did when I was younger. Though I haven't had a major sprain in years, I would estimate that I probably mildly sprain my ankles at least six times a day. A doctor advised my mom when I was younger that I should have surgery to fix this issue with my ankles, but she decided it wouldn't be a good idea because I wouldn't keep up with the physical therapy. She was probably right, but I wish now that we went that route. Anyway, I've also got hypothyroidism. I'm supposed to be taking Levothyroxin but because I lack health insurance, I don't. Thyroid meds mean that I need to have my blood drawn fairly often and, without insurance, it's about three hundred dollars a pop and I just can't afford that. Still, because it wasn't a problem when I was working out and stuff when I was younger, I don't anticipate it being an issue this time around, either, as long as I have exercise to compensate for it again.

My comfortable weight is 140. That's how much I weighed when I was active and happy with the way I looked. I know 140 seems like kind of a hefty number for someone to hope for, but I build a lot of muscle. When I was in shape, I was solid as a rock from my legs to my stomach to my arms. Right now, I'm at 240 or, well, at least I was after Sunday dinner a month ago at my boyfriend's mothers house when I saw a scale and dared to step on it.

Now, here's my problem. What are good ways for me to work out and exercise? I mean, I'm overweight now, working out like this is extremely frustrating for me because I still remember how in shape and capable I used to be. I have a tendency to push myself way too hard, which usually ends in vomiting. So, how do you work around the weight, so to speak? Also, keep in mind that my ankles are extremely weak. They kind of just twist whenever they feel like it. I have ankle braces, but they certainly aren't 100 percent effective.

I'm sorry this turned out to be such a novel, but I'm really sick of myself this way and I miss the old me. When I go to the local amusement park this summer, I don't want to worry about how tight a squeeze the roller coaster is going to be or have to worry about how I'm going to avoid crushing the person next to me on rides that spin. Thank you so much in advance for any help and advice! I look forward to getting involved in this community.
coal mine canary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 275/259/185

Height: 5' 7''

Welcome
cajun moma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:50 PM   #3  
watch the queen conquer ♛

Thank you!
coal mine canary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 135/128/120

Height: 5'3

Good Luck losing the weight! If you need any encouragement ill be here!
YoungMama3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:15 PM   #5  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Welcome!!

For your ankle issues- any way you could swim? Very low impact and it burns a lot of calories. Go for walks? That's all I have for now. GL!!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:22 AM   #6  
I am so Incognito

S/C/G: 315/315/150

Height: 5'5

Hey!

I was a cheer leader for 12 years and have issues with my ankles too. They tend to roll when Im doing higher impact cardio (treadmill, jogging) I found that I can use elliptical type machines with much more ease.

Good luck!
ohitsthatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote