Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-26-2011, 03:02 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 195/176/150

Height: 5'7"

Hey friends!

How's everyone doing today?

Welcome (again) to any new folks who are joining the thread. I'm so happy to have people continually posting!

Wendee, holy crap you did a lot of working out! I've never jogged almost five miles. I can seriously do only about 1/10 of a mile at a time. It's ridiculous. If I push myself, maybe 2/10. lol The hardest part for me is breathing, since my nose runs like a faucet every time I start running. It's awesome.

Also, don't feel bad if you ate a couple of naughty things yesterday. It happens! Someone on this site said something like, "If you were climbing 1,000 stairs and fell down three or four stairs...would you just stay there, lying on your back for the rest of your life? Of course not. You'd get up and start climbing again." I thought that was pretty motivational.

I've got solid gym plans after work. Woohoo. It's been a while, lol. My friend and I will probably do some jogging and circuit machines.

Today I've eaten a peanut butter/banana sandwich and some cereal and a pear. I'm going to have an early dinner of whole wheat pasta and marinara before our workout, just so I'm not super starving later. I may have a snack when I get home.

Hope you're all doing well!!
fresno26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:58 PM   #92  
...Live.Your.Dream...

S/C/G: 186/180/150

Height: 5'6"

Fresno, thats a great quote.. so true too!!

I have eaten on plan so far today. I had eggs with ham and a bit of non-fat cheese for breakfast, then went to a place called "Jenny's Lunch Line for lunch with a gal from work (it is expensive because they are a whole foods/organic type of resturaunt) I had sweet potato soup and half a roast beef sandwich on Whole Wheat. I am thinking about making an eggplant casserole tonight, so I will let you know what it turns out like! I am really enjoying trying all of these whole food recipies! Oh and Fresno- I bought a rice/vegetable steamer after you posted that thread about yours! Love it!

I am going to the gym right after work tonight (have to be home for Biggest Loser and the new show The Voice) I am hoping to bump up my speed.. Last night I was at a 4.5 for 4 miles, so I am hoping I can do a 5.0 for 3 miles, and then go back down to the 4.5 for the last mile! I think tonight I am just going to do cardio, I did some weight stuff last night, so we will see how I feel..

anyway.. thats about it for me today!!
WendeeLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:51 PM   #93  

You're awesome, girl! Get it! I'll be thinking of you at the gym while I'm...at the gym. lol - identical lives, again!
Thankfully my friend is going. It's always nice to know someone is meeting me there. It helps me stay on track.

YAY on buying the steamer! I'm so glad you like it! I think it's a pretty big help in the weight-loss world.

Last edited by fresno26; 04-26-2011 at 04:53 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:51 PM   #94  
Make It Happen

S/C/G: 150/147/120

Height: 5'3

Hi Loloi,

What meds are you on.....I'm on warfarin/coumadin and I have piled on the pounds without changing any eating habits so its definitely the medication. Im 5'3 and wanting to get down from 150 to 120 but I cant do strenuous exercise. I have just started gently walking every morning.
celine567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:23 AM   #95  
...Live.Your.Dream...

Hey all-

I have an update! This morning I had an appointment with a trainer at the club anddddd... the numbers are...

weight-173 (5 pounds up-owch)
BF%- 31.2% (11% less than the other gym claimed I was)
which means 53.63 pounds of fat and 119.37 of other body stuff.

So, in short, I am no where near where I want to be, but I am not as bad off as the other gym made me believe I was!

I decided to purchase the personal training package, so we tweaked my diet this morning, and will begin our workouts Friday! Also, my *new* trainer suggested some supplements, so I am to research those, check with my doctor and if he says it is a go, I will be set!

Our goal is to lose 2 pounds per week. I know it is going to be a struggle and probably harder than I think, but so worth it! I really want to be a healthy role model for my family! I am very excited about this!! woot woot!!
Old 04-27-2011, 08:14 PM   #96  
Make It Happen

Im trying to lose 2lbs per weeks as well.....
Old 04-27-2011, 08:42 PM   #97  

i have about 50 pounds to lose--I, too, would love to be ur buddy.
Wanna be 50 and fine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:28 PM   #98  
...Live.Your.Dream...

Quote:
Originally Posted by celine567 View Post
Im trying to lose 2lbs per weeks as well.....
Well, here's to us!! *Cheers*
Old 04-27-2011, 10:30 PM   #99  
...Live.Your.Dream...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna be 50 and fine View Post
i have about 50 pounds to lose--I, too, would love to be ur buddy.
Welcome!!

I wonder if we should re-name this thread "the plataeu-scale wont move-stupid stinkin body-work your butt off" thread...

Not really.. but kinda..

I am on week six of my stand still. Will have my first training session at the club on Friday!
Old 04-28-2011, 10:24 AM   #100  
Make It Happen

Quote:
I am on week six of my stand still
Oh that sounds pretty awful.....6 weeks of hard work and nothing to show on the scales.....but I bet there's some awsome stuff going on inside of you....probably lots a muscles firming up (which weigh more than fat) and loads of core strength to see you through when that fat finally melts off to reveal the real you.....
Old 04-28-2011, 10:29 AM   #101  
...Live.Your.Dream...

Lets hope so, Celine567, lets hope so!
Old 04-28-2011, 11:04 AM   #102  
...Live.Your.Dream...

Top of the Mornin' to ya!

So, yesterday was a good day! Met with my new trainer in the am (as I already posted about) and had a pretty good, on plan, day..

Breakfast: Oatmeal (200 cals)
Lunch: Light Mediteranian Pita Pit (350 cals) Bag of Miss Vikki's salt and vinigar chips (150 cals) and a Lemonade (100cals)
Snack: Ice Cream cup (oops.. 130 cals)
Pre-workout: Special K Bar (170 cals)
Dinner: 4 oz Chicken 2 oz brown rice 4 oz mixed veggies (500 cals)
= 1600 cals

I did a 10 minute warm up on the bike (burn of about 75 calories)
I ran three miles (burn of 370.04 calories)
I then worked with weights on my arms (burn of about 200 calories)
=645.04 Calories burned.

I am excited to start working with my trainer!! I am hoping we can get me out of this plateau and on the right track of losing 2lbs per week. If we can do that, then I will be 20-25 pounds lighter by July! YippY!! That would be awesome!!

So far this morning I have only had my protien shake with a bit of coffee in it! At 10ish I will probably have a bit of oatmeal or some yogurt!

How did everyone else do yesterday?
Old 04-28-2011, 12:35 PM   #103  

Hey friends!

Wendee, please keep us posted! I hope it goes well! We are all going to be thinner by the end of summer! YAY!

Sleeveless dress for my birthday this year! Fingers crossed.

Yesterday was good food-wise, though I didn't work out. The next month is going to be stressful for me, and I probably won't get much actual gym time. However, I will walk at lunch, and we're moving, so I should get lots of physical activity.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:26 PM   #104  
Always hungry

Height: 5'3"

Hey all! I just signed up for this site today and for a 3FC blog. I am super excited to start losing! I am vegan and yesterday I started a High Raw diet. I'm trying to eat at least 75% raw. I don't think I will continue it forver, or even for a long time, but I am sure my body can use a break from all the overly processed foods I have been eating way too much of lately!

I have about 30lbs to lose and am looking forward to hearing what everyone else is going through as well!
VeganFoodRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:52 PM   #105  

Welcome to one Newbie from another!
JEN3 is offline   Reply With Quote