Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-05-2011, 08:10 PM   #121  

Celine567,

I am on Lisinopril, Diltiazem, Spiriva, and LOTS of inhaled steroids, all of which cause weight gain. In fact, I have gained another pounds since I last posted and I have been walking about 1-1/2 miles almost every day for the past two weeks. It is so frustrating!!
loloi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:54 AM   #122  
Make It Happen

S/C/G: 150/147/120

Height: 5'3

loloi2 & WendeeLou,

Wow, so hard to lose weight when you're taking medicines that mess with the metabolism. Im also walking about the same distance as you every morning...sometimes I squeeze in another walk at night but the weather pretty much dictates how often I get out. Ive put on 2 lbs this week but I guess if I wasnt watching what I was eating or not walking then that 2 lbs could've been 4????? Dont know for sure.

I dont go to a gym, mainly because of the cost but I do have a stationary bike that I could use when its raining....I just find it really boring on the bike.....I much prefer to be outdoors in the fresh air. We normally have fairly dry winters where I live but the over the last 12 months we've received record rains. I would so loooove to have a trainer, WendeeLou but they charge a fortune over here. Maybe because there's not so many of them around the place they can charge a premium price and get away with it LOL.

Well, good luck with the weight loss this week everyone. I'll be weighing myself tomorrow morning (Saturday) so will post the good or bad news when it happens.

It does seem to be getting a bit quiet around here all of a sudden......everyone must be busy??
celine567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:57 AM   #123  
Make It Happen

Forgot to say that I cant wait till I get my ticker......I heard somewhere else that I have to wait 20 days. :-(
Old 05-06-2011, 07:27 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 226/T/170

Height: 5'5

I cant wait until I can get a ticker either.

I also need to commit to a regular weigh day. I think Sunday will be my weigh in date.

I've done Turbo Fire everyday this week even on my "rest" day. Hopefully next week I can get back on the regular schedule.
fluffyfashionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:02 AM   #125  
Make It Happen

Ive never heard of Turbo Fire....is it a food or an exercise
Old 05-06-2011, 10:21 AM   #126  
...Live.Your.Dream...

S/C/G: 186/180/150

Height: 5'6"

Hey ladies,

Celine- Trainers cost a fortune here too, but I didnt know what else to do. I have been consistantly working my bum off since July of 2010 and cannot lose the weight. I weighed this morning (and TOM is just right around the corner, should start today or tomorrow) and I was 169.6. Have any idea how frustrating that is? I RUN 3 flippin miles everyday, and I work with my trainer twice a week, and then mimic his exersice's on Saturday. I stay within 1200 calories everyday, ocassionally having a cheat meal. I mean.. what gives?! I am starting to become very upset. Last night I ran 5 miles and biked UPHILL another 3.5, not to mention the full body workout I did with my trainer at 6am yesterday. I am so dang mad! So frustrating. Somedays I feel like maybe I was just meant to be a chubby girl. Im gonna go throw myself a pitty party...
WendeeLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:21 PM   #127  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendeeLou View Post
Hey ladies,

Celine- Trainers cost a fortune here too, but I didnt know what else to do. I have been consistantly working my bum off since July of 2010 and cannot lose the weight. I weighed this morning (and TOM is just right around the corner, should start today or tomorrow) and I was 169.6. Have any idea how frustrating that is? I RUN 3 flippin miles everyday, and I work with my trainer twice a week, and then mimic his exersice's on Saturday. I stay within 1200 calories everyday, ocassionally having a cheat meal. I mean.. what gives?! I am starting to become very upset. Last night I ran 5 miles and biked UPHILL another 3.5, not to mention the full body workout I did with my trainer at 6am yesterday. I am so dang mad! So frustrating. Somedays I feel like maybe I was just meant to be a chubby girl. Im gonna go throw myself a pitty party...

Wendy,

You may not be losing weight but are you measuring your body fat percentage? Im almost certain that with all the work you're doing, there would be a decrease in body fat and an increase in muscle. This shift could account for what seems like a stagnant number on the scales.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:22 PM   #128  

Quote:
Originally Posted by celine567 View Post
Ive never heard of Turbo Fire....is it a food or an exercise
lol, turbo fire is a dvd home exercise system.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:30 PM   #129  
...Live.Your.Dream...

Fluffyfashionista,

I have considered that.. but.. the problem is that I am still 30 lbs overweight. I dont want to be overweight. I know that I look better, feel better, but I am STILL overweight.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:37 PM   #130  
Make It Happen

Wow, I feel your frustration WendeeLou, that must be so hard when you put in all the work you've been doing.....I just dont understand it. We've always been told that if you burn off more calories than you put in, the weight will come off..... After many years of dieting and trying low carb at various times, I found that cutting down on the refined carbs and increasing the protein seemed to kick start the weight loss. Must be to do with metabolism or something but I am beginning to feel that there is more to losing weight than counting and burning calories.......I have tried them all and thats just my humble opinion.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:08 PM   #131  
Make It Happen

Oh, and the other thing I meant to say about metabolism......mine has changed massively since I started on medication, in fact I'm pretty sure its the reason I've put on so much weight again..(as well as giving up smoking I guess) but Im sure that the meds have been messing with the way I burn up my food. I've only just started to try to lose weight again so I dont know yet how hard its going to be this time around.....in the past its been reasonably easy......had more trouble mentally sticking to the diet but whenever I did commit to it, the weight moved in response. It would be soooo hard to put in the effort that WendeeLou has been putting in and not see the scales move for quite such a long time...I think Fluffyfashionista is right about the BMI though.....when that weight finally does start coming off then theres going to be a great muscular firm body in its place.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:46 PM   #132  
Make It Happen

Just did my Saturday morning weigh-in: 4 1/2 lb loss since I started here 2 weeks ago...YAY!
Old 05-06-2011, 09:18 PM   #133  
Make It Happen

Default :hug:

Sorry guys, I seem to be hogging this space at the moment, but the weight loss issues have been on my mind a lot this morning.....

WendeeLou, I just want to say that I think that you're an amazing person the way that you stick to your exercise routine even though the weight doesn't ''seem'' to be coming off......I honestly doubt that I could put in the same amount of dedication that you have shown towards gaining your goal.....you have my admiration and I really hope that things start moving for you soon.
Even if they dont....just think....by exercising like you do, you are improving your cardiovascular system, brain, muscles, blood, mental stamina, in fact your whole physical and mental health is improving and being helped by this amount of daily exercise. Thats a HUGE bonus even if you dont lose weight. And....you have lost a lot of weight already so you ARE on your way to your goal, its just taking a little longer than you expected but keep in mind that you are receiving massive benefits along the way healthwise that maybe DONT show up on the scales.

Thats the end of my rant for today............
Old 05-07-2011, 02:52 PM   #134  
...Live.Your.Dream...

Thanks Celiene!! I really want this, so I will keep working at it!! I am certain that EVENTUALLY the weight will come off.. there is no way I would have to work this hard to maintain! No stinkin way!

My night/morning was good.. Last night I went to the gym with my family, the boys swam while I ran SIX miles without stopping! That is the most that I have ever run without stopping, so yet another, NSV!! Then I swam with the boys for about an hour, then came home and ate dinner, and fell right to sleep.

This morning I had to be up early to go to a girl friends house to cut and style her hair as she is graduating with her MSW today! Yay! Then I hit the gym and did my weight routine from Thursday's session with my trainer, and ran only 2 miles! I am feeling pretty good!

Hope you all are having a good Saturday!
Old 05-07-2011, 08:21 PM   #135  
Make It Happen

Smile

Happy Mothers Day everyone......just keep an eye on the amount of chocolates you eat today