3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Looking for someone else who has roughly 30 pounds to lose

Old 04-28-2011, 08:44 PM   #106
Make It Happen

S/C/G: 150/147/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresno26 View Post

we're moving, so I should get lots of physical activity
I moved house a couple of years ago and lost 7 lbs without even trying.....all the running up and down the stairs maybe 20-30 times a day carrying boxes and not having time to eat. Then at the other end carrying all those boxes up the stairs again....I did this continually for about 2 weeks in all.....1 week to get out of the house and the 2nd week to settle into the new one, plus all the cleaning at both ends. Needless to say, I didnt use any moving firm other than for the big furniture items, and husband and kids didnt help.
So......if you want to lose weight the HARD way, don't hire a moving company........
celine567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:47 PM   #107

i need to lose 50 =[
genesisg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:00 PM   #108
Make It Happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesisg View Post
i need to lose 50 =[
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.....

We're all taking that step, some have a longer journey than others but we're all in it for the same reasons
Old 04-29-2011, 11:24 AM   #109
...Live.Your.Dream...

S/C/G: 186/180/150

Height: 5'6"

Morning everyone!

Welcome newbies! I might as well have 100lbs to lose- it is taking me FOREVER to drop this stupid 20-30 pounds... uggggh..

On a good note- had my first session with my trainer this morning! Went well!! We did a fitness evaluation and got me set up on a supplement (all natural of course) that should help with losing the weight. I am not sure what all conditions, if any, you guys have.. but I have hypothyroidism. I was prescribed Synthroid (levothyroxine-generic is what I take) in Novemeber. So the 30-40 pounds that piled on me in 6-8 months, is taking FOREVER to come off! So frustrating! Anyway, my trainer said that I had pretty good strength, but there were a few things he wanted to work with me on, including form. He is also going to teach me how to lift free weights, which I am VERY excited about, as I have never done them before!! Woot Woot! He is also going to go over and evaluate my diet each week, so that should be good!! I am hoping that (after about $1500 whole in my pocket) I am able to finally overcome being overweight! This is very exciting for me!

Anyway, enough about that and on the the important stuff...

Yesterday looked like this:
Breakfast: Complex whey protein shake with skim milk and coffee (210 cals)
Snack: Handful of Edemame (32.5 cals)
Lunch: Big Mac in a bowl (very yummy- but high in fat 430 cals)
Snack: Yogurt with granola (116.5) and then my evil (not really, she is actually really sweet) co-worker brought me a piece of bread with nutella.. (120 cals)
Dinner: Turkey Bacon BLT with Avocado on a sandwhich thin (390 cals )
But I was still hungry so I had a peanut butter and honey sandwhich (all natural peanut butter of course) (154 cals)

total of 1553 cals.

Then I burned about 635 cals at my workout.. (ran 3 miles, biked a mile, weight training)

My trainer wants me to stay at 1200 cals a day.. so I am going to attmept to do that! Wish me luck!!

How is everyone else doing? I havent really seen anyone else posting their food/exercise on here..just wanna know what everyone else is doing!!

I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance but by our disposition.

-Martha Washington

My progress as of 4/2/2011: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...ress-pics.html[/center]
WendeeLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 04:04 PM   #110

S/C/G: 192/163/138

Height: 5'6"/5'7"

Ugh! BUSY on this end! Sorry

Hope you're all doing well!!
Old 04-30-2011, 12:39 AM   #111
Make It Happen

Hi All,

Over the last week I've managed to lose 4 lbs, yay! I've decided to weigh myself only once a week each Saturday morning as Ive found in the past that if I weigh myself every day I get really discouraged when the scales go up and down on a daily basis which I think is more fluid related that fat loss or gain. So its once a week for me.......

This time I'm not counting calories either....it just makes me too focussed on the food etc and I start to obsess over everything too much.....once I start obsessing then all I can think about is food an nothing else, so....I'm just going to not worry too much about the calorie content of the food.

Breakfast: In the morning I have a fruit smoothie which is about a cup of orange juice, a handful of frozen or fresh blueberries, a multi-vitamin tablet thrown in and sometimes I put a bit of psyllium in there for fibre. Then I go for a 20 minute walk.

When I get back I have some wholemeal toast or cereal with milk and a cup of coffee.

Lunch: Sometimes I dont feel like lunch, but usually a banana or apple, cheese and crackers or a cheese sandwich, depends on what I feel like.

Dinner: Same thing, if I dont feel like eating I dont make myself eat. If I have a big lunch out with some girlfriends then Im not usually hungry at night and I might have a protein shake instead of a meal. If I dont have a big lunch then I might have a very small portion of whatever the rest of the family is having.

After dieting most of my life i find that the more I restrict myself with food the worse time I have. If I dont worry about it too much ie if i have some chocolate or ice cream now and then, I dont beat myself up about it and just carry on as if it didnt happen.

I found that this works best for me most of my life.....my latest weight gain has been because I gave up smoking recently and have been put on medication, so a combination of both has thrown me out of my normal metabolism and mindset. I also stopped working from home and started working in an office about a year ago and at work, everybody wants to have lunch together and I fell into this habit whereas when i was at home, I was so busy that I sometimes forgot to eat lunch. So over the last year or so, my weight has crept on due to me having big lunches everyday at work.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:50 AM   #112

S/C/G: 226/T/170

Height: 5'5

hello. i usually type in all lowercase letters. this time though, i feel like im doing it in a effort to "whisper", since im new here.

i have never been a thin girl nor do i desire to be. ive always had bulky muscles and that body type has always worked for me.

my weight has always fluctuated, but at 35 i need to get it under control. i made a go at losing extra weight before my 35th birthday but didn't really stick with it. everyday i see the $1200 dress i bought for my birthday and couldn't wear.

i'll be 36 in october. i dont really want to wear that dress, but i do want to be able to fit into it.

this past week i did the rapid fire week of Turbo Fire. in the morning i'll weigh and take new measurements to access my progress. ive used several home programs and turo fire seems like one i'll get along with. im also a 6 year bikram yoga fan, but i seen to only practice 4-5 months at a time. then i take a break 9 a few months) and start again.

anyway, i am very excited about getting the weight off. losing weight has always been very easy for me. the problem is i reach my goals and stop exercising AND eating like i should. you'd think i'd pick one or the other.

i chimed in because 30 lbs is a good mini goal for me. i started at 222. im sure i'll want to do more 30 lb increments after the first, but im taking baby steps.
fluffyfashionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:58 AM   #113
Make It Happen

Hi, glad to see you here. I've always wanted to join a yoga class, is Bikram the one that is done in the heat? Dont think I could manage that....I prefer airconditioning when I exercise,

Anyway, good luck with the first 30 lbs.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:05 AM   #114

S/C/G: 226/T/170

Height: 5'5

bikram is one of the heated forms. technically to be called bikram the room has to be 105 degrees w/ 40% humidity. there are lots of places that offer "hot" yoga at lower temps though, lol.

it really doesn't feel as bad as it sounds, i promise!
fluffyfashionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:21 PM   #115
...Live.Your.Dream...

Welcome Welcome Fluffyfashionista!! I am like you- I have always been more muscular than anything.. I just started with a trainer and our goal is *140* I cant lie, when we first talked about it, I didnt think it was possible.. I would be completleyTHRILLED with 140.. tickled!!! haha.. anyway! Welcome!!

I really want to try Bikram Yoga as well, but I cant find someone to go with me. Not that that should stop me, but I am a little bit intimidated!! Lol

Glad that you have joined us! It is Saturday and busy as usual... Nails filled, taking the boys to the pool, gym, house cleaning, cooking. Wish I could start my garden, but i am afraid it will get cold again.

have a wonderful Sunday!!

I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance but by our disposition.

-Martha Washington

My progress as of 4/2/2011: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...ress-pics.html[/center]
Old 05-02-2011, 12:16 PM   #116

S/C/G: 192/163/138

Height: 5'6"/5'7"

Hi friends!

How's it going?

Happy Monday to everyone!

I took in more calories than usual this weekend, and I'm back at 163.5 this morning. Time to get back on the wagon! I'm going to hit the gym tomorrow and Thursday, and hopefully Wednesday I can get outside after work.

How was everyone's weekend?
Old 05-02-2011, 12:26 PM   #117
...Live.Your.Dream...

Hey everyone,

My weekend was normal. Saturday I went over my 1200 limit, and had a banana split. oops! Sunday I was on plan.. 1243 calories.

I got a HUGE planter box for my patio and planted all sorts of yummy veggies! Cant wait until they are ready!!

Saturday I went to the gym and pushed myself to run 4 miles (one more than usual) and did some weight stuff.

Tonight I will run 4 miles again, no weights though!

Tomorrow at 6am is my first real workout with my trainer- he says we will do full body and work muscles to fatigue! Wish me luck!

How is everyone else doing?

-Martha Washington

Old 05-02-2011, 07:24 PM   #118
Make It Happen

Happy new week to everybody! Unfortunately I've gone up on the scales....put on 2 lbs over the weekend so will spend the rest of the week being extra careful and trying to put in some more walking time....its autumn over here though and the weather is a bit hit and miss to schedule outdoor walks.,..has been raining a bit and so its much more comfy to sit inside with a big mug of hot chocolate than brave the blustery wet weather outside....
Still...by the end of winter I hope to have lost the 30 lbs and be trim for summer so will plod on with the support of you girls over the coming months
Old 05-03-2011, 10:16 AM   #119
...Live.Your.Dream...

Celine567- I am up and down on the scales all the dang time! haha! One day my scale said 176, and the very next day, same time, I was at 167.4. WTH!?! Latley though, since my diet has been pretty consistant I am right around 169-167 everyday.. still 2 pounds! I live in Boise, Idaho (usa) and our weather is the same up and down 60-70 degrees one day 30-35 degrees the next! It is so hard to plan anything because you just never know what it is gonna be like. We are in "spring" almost summer here.. but it sure as heck doesnt feel like it. Usually by May we are out on the boat.. not so much this year! Do you belong to a gym? Or just get exercise in outdoors?

How is everyone else doing today? I had a pretty good night/morning.. Went to the gym after work (as usual) and ran 3 miles.. but this time I did it in 26 minutes!! Which, for me (the slow poke) is pretty dang awesome! I met with my trainer, Doug, this morning and we worked on strength training and weight lifting.. very excited about that! He challenged me to run my 3 miles in 25 minutes by tomorrow! Hopefully I wont let him down!!

Stayed on plan with eating! Went to the store this morning after the gym and before work and got some organic brown eggs and turkey bacon for lunch, and some laughing cow to have with some veggie crackers for snack. I will probably just go home and make some chicken tacos (on whole wheat, low carb tortilla's) for lunch!

How is everyone else doing today?

-Martha Washington

Old 05-05-2011, 10:28 AM   #120
...Live.Your.Dream...

Morning everyone.. seems like this thread is dying off...

FRESNO?!?!?!? FRRRREEEESSSSSNNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!

-Martha Washington

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.