Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-18-2011, 10:56 AM   #46  
...Live.Your.Dream...

S/C/G: 186/180/150

Height: 5'6"

Hungry- never too late!

Morning everyone, I havent eaten yet and its 9am.. which is kinda weird for me, but I have been going going going!

Last nights dinner was a turkey burger with a slice of cheddar cheese(no bun) and steamed veggies.

Lunch will be left over "Clean Spaghetti" YUM!

Dinner is a "clean" Tuna Casserole I have a recipie for!

No gym this morning (Mondays are too hectic) But I will be there tonight at 6pm!

This is day three for me of no diet coke! Praying I can kick the habbit!

Not much time to chat, works slammed! Hope everyone has a fantastic Monday!
WendeeLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:21 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 174→168.0→135

Height: 4'9''

I've got 39lb to lose. So I figured I'd join in.

Today I'm 164 exactly.
I exercised my butt off yesterday, and it's snowing and I'm feeling kind of sick today, so I did a quick 10 minute work out in the morning. If I feel better I might work out for real later on tonight, but my poor legs need a rest anyway, so I'll probably just cc today.

Had chicken broth with green onion, carrots, bits of boiled chicken for breakfast, a roll, and a glass of milk. No idea what for lunch, but chicken salad salad for dinner tonight, yum!

Anywho, I'll try to check in here every other day or so!
yhahmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:41 AM   #48  
is chubby

Today I had 2 cookies and my iron supplement milk for breakfast- 350 calories.
Lunch was spaggetti with parmezano cheese and onions- 700 calories (ouch! note to self to make smaller portion next time)
Dinner was veggetable rolls with tomato sauce -250 calories
I'll drink my fruit mix (two types of different fruit portions mixed together in the blender) later and be done for today -200 calories.

So I will have 1500 calories today in total.

I did a new record on my bicycle, 17,3 kilometer in 30 minutes, today and am very proud. My heartrate has dropped during excersize also (my lovely bike counts it), so I am getting fit.

The scale showed me 100gram lighter today. Even though I lost only 2 kilos in the last four weeks my bodyshape has change a lot... but I'm still so far away from the goal.

The only bad thing that happened today is that for the first time in half a year I felt a craving to eat meat, which was very strong. I didn't indulge thankfully, but it made me feel sad to get these irrational cravings.
Chubbykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:19 PM   #49  
...Live.Your.Dream...

Welcome ladies!!

Also forgot to mention that I am UP 2 pounds from last weigh in... ugh! Not sure what is going on, but I guess I'll just keep trucking!
Old 04-18-2011, 05:40 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 195/176/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi friends!

Greetings to the newcomers! You're all welcome here!

How's everyone doing today?

Wendee, I'm also up a pound since last week. Boo! We've just gotta stick with it. =) I hate when the scale goes back and forth.

I am HUNGRY today! LOL
Can't wait for dinner.

I'm going to enjoy the best weather of the week by going on a walk with a friend of mine this evening. I mowed the entire front and back lawn(s) yesterday in about an hour and 10 min. I rocked it. lol. Can't believe there's a gain today after how hard I've been working. Maybe my body is protesting again. If my body was another person, I would sometimes kick it in the face. LOL It's fine though...it just makes me more determined to stick with it. Like, "Come on body....you little jerk. This is how it's gonna be. I don't care what you want." Haha. Does anyone else feel this constant war going on within? Or have I lost my mind?
fresno26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:50 PM   #51  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresno26 View Post

Maybe my body is protesting again. If my body was another person, I would sometimes kick it in the face. LOL It's fine though...it just makes me more determined to stick with it. Like, "Come on body....you little jerk. This is how it's gonna be. I don't care what you want." Haha. Does anyone else feel this constant war going on within? Or have I lost my mind?
Are your serious?? My scale was in plateau for 4 weeks straight! Then, a breakthrough last Friday and lost 2.6 lbs! GO FIGURE! I have resisted dessert (my fave), eating out (my 2nd fave), and working out 4-5x/week (my new fave)
Fresno....I sooooo feel u!!! But, DON'T QUIT! It will happen with persistence and consistence!

((soon 2b de-escalating ticker)) HA
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:46 PM   #52  
...Live.Your.Dream...

Fresno and K9Owner-

I agree 100%. I havent lost ANYTHING in weeeeeeks, seriously, like three weeks! But, I have been getting compliments on my stomach toning up as well as my arms. I, of course, dont see that!

I am frustrated with it, I feel like I will never be a healthy weight. I have been going at this STRONG for over 6 months, and I have a measly 17 pounds to show. sad sad sad!
Old 04-18-2011, 07:01 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 163/160/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Hello! Please, can I join too!:)

Hi everyone,

I came across this post and I myself have about 30lbs. to loose. I would like to loose more but would be thrilled with 30. So I would like to join this support group.

Do you report your food and exercise daily and anything that's working or not etc. Please let me know. I look forward to it!
jenjen22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:30 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 160/160/128

Height: 5.4

Hello friends and welcome new members.
Took a bit of a break yesterday because we hosted an early Easter celebration with my side of the family. We had spiral ham, pineapple casserole, and three pea ( sugar, snap and English) medley. Dinner was wonderful and I did not pig out, but am of the opinion that on holidays and special occasions, I am not going to be the crazy dieter who wont eat what others have prepared. Instead, I tasted everything and tried desperately not to have seconds.

My BIIIIG problem is that once I taste things, I want seconds. And if that same food is in the fridge and I know it, its tourture to me!!! so now I've got kids Easter baskets full of candy, leftover delish ham and casserole, everywhere I look.
having healthy alternatives does not do it for me. Im much better NOT having it in the house.
Still not working out because of my back, which, I think is in the last day or so of hurting. I get this a couple times a year and I know the course it takes.

How do you handle the junk food that inevitably creeps into the house???

Hope everyone is doing well.
HAPPYPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 06:37 AM   #55  
is chubby

Hey
I know it sounds sick, but when I have stuff in the house I absolutely want to eat I imagine it either full of maggots or while it will be digested after I munched it... so my appetite goes down the drain.
Since I often work in my Uni's animal mortuary it is pretty easy to think of something disgusting.
I can send you pictures if you want, hehe, but you'll be in danger of becoming anorexic and a vegetarian...
Chubbykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:46 AM   #56  
...Live.Your.Dream...

HAPPYPT- I can relate! If it is in the house, I want it! We had dinner at my grandparents on Sunday and I made chocolate covered strawberries, I had to make sure that someone else took the leftovers. I had one, and the rest were for everyone else! If I have to, I will throw something away!

Yesterday was a good day! I had some oatmeal for breakfast, yogurt and fruit with 1/3 cup kashi go lean for snack. Then I had leftover "clean spaghetti" and a pudding at lunch! YUM! After my workout I had a protien shake and for dinner I grilled chicken with lots of veggies, and brown rice. I gave myself a double portion of chicken because I'm thinking I need to up my calories, but I couldnt eat it all! I also cooked an extra breast for today's lunch! So far I have had a small protien shake and thats it! Think I will make up some oatmeal in a minute!

I had kickboxing this morning at 6am- it was a good workout! I will go again tonight at 6pm, and then we have bible study! After we are done at bible study, we will, of course, watch Biggest Loser! Packed day for me! Tuesday's always are!
Hope you are all having a fabulous day! I am not going to weigh in until next Monday. I am going to try and up my calories, as I am not losing anything! Wonder if my body is holding on to everything because I dont give it enough!? Who knows, gotta try something!
Old 04-19-2011, 05:44 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 195/176/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi friends! (And again, welcome to the newcomers! Feel free to share anything here...weight loss goals, meal plans, bad days, good days...)

How are things going for everyone today?

K9 - I absolutely understand! These plateaus are ridiculous. I guess after my last one, which lasted around three months (!!!) (lol) I expected the scale to CONTINUE to show lower numbers. Apparently I'm on another one. My body's such a little B****! lol

Wendee, I'm sorry to hear you're on a plateau too! Boo!! For the record, you SERIOUSLY look like you already weigh 130 pounds. And I'm not just saying that! You must be 6' tall, because there's no way we weigh even close to the same amount!

I walked around four miles last night, but I'm taking an evening off to spend time with a friend from out of town.

What's everyone else up to exercise-wise? How often does everyone take a day off?

Meal-wise, I've had a peanut butter and banana sandwich, a salad (spinach, tomatoes and carrots) with olive oil and vinegar, a grapefruit and some popcorn. Tonight we'll be eating out, but I'm going to order the grilled portabella sandwich without cheese, so I think it will be moderately healthy. Steamed broccoli on the side, though, of course, I WANT the fries. lol

I wish some of you lived closer so we could be gym pals. lol. My walk-at-the-park friend is fantastic, but my other friend cancels 90% of the time and acts like a drama queen when she does show up. Ha! I suppose in times like that, my iPod is my best friend. !

Oh! I wanted to comment on the having-goodies-in-the-house thread. It's very tempting sometimes, but the biggest deterrent for me has been thinking of how long I'll have to exercise to work ____ off. Sure, that oatmeal creme pie will be delicious...but then again, it's pretty small for 250 calories, and will I REALLY have to do THIRTY minutes on the treadmill for that? Not worth it. It does help to have fruits readily available. Or my tried and true: Triscuits with peanut butter. Graham crackers are even better, but if I buy them, I seriously eat the entire three packs in less than a week. UGH! lol

It's hard to stay away from delicious things. Some people on this site have quoted something like this...(and I think it's fairly powerful)

"The chief cause of failure and unhappiness is trading what you want most for what you want right now."
fresno26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 06:16 PM   #58  
...Live.Your.Dream...

Quote:
Wendee, I'm sorry to hear you're on a plateau too! Boo!! For the record, you SERIOUSLY look like you already weigh 130 pounds. And I'm not just saying that! You must be 6' tall, because there's no way we weigh even close to the same amount![/I]"
Ha- I wish! I am actually barley 5'6". I appreciate your compliments and encouragment! Means a lot to me! You know, my husband and trainer say nice things, and thats always good to hear, but its nice to hear from someone who isnt obligated to make you feel pretty! Catch me?! Lol! I think I am going to have a chat with my trainer tonight and express my concern, I know that weight isnt the best measurement for success, but it is obviously the most looked at and common. I think for me personally, my body from 186 to 170 is completely different. But who really knows! I suppose the best thing for me to do is just keep trucking! ...Just keep swimming..just keep swimming..

Quote:
"The chief cause of failure and unhappiness is trading what you want most for what you want right now"
I love this! LOVE LOVE LOVE it! It is so true! Its kinda like the one I see a lot, "nothing tastes as good as being skinny feels". It is so true!

Also- wanted to mention! I am 4 days no Diet Coke! How awesome is that!? I am hoping that it will help me out a bit in this stupid stall, but we shall see!!
Old 04-20-2011, 10:43 AM   #59  
...Live.Your.Dream...

Morning everyone! How is everyone doin! We are halfway thru the work week!!

So I have another thread that I posted regarding my plataue and the way I look at 170lbs. After talking with some of the senior members and gals and guys who have lost a huge amount of weight and getting some suggestions. I decided to take it down a notch. So for this week I am only working out ONE time a day and allowing myself to stray a little from my "diet". I will allow myself 1800-2000 calories a day. Then next week- I'll kick it back in drive! I hope this works! I weighed this morning and was at 168.2.. thats the lowest I have been in this journey. SO I cant be mad about that. I stuck to my diet pretty much all day yesterday, except.. we went to TGIFriday's and I had a cheesburger (with only the bottom half of the bun) and about half a serving of sweet potato fries! I am on day 5 of no Diet Coke! Go Me!

Went on a bit of a shopping spree with my girlfriend yesterday who has always been smaller than me (she is 5'2") annnnnd wellllll... I got into a pair of jeans she couldnt get into! This is HUGE for me! It totally opened my eyes as to how much my body has changed! Also bought a super cute pair of jeans last night that I didnt think would fit/look good.. They are SUPER low waist and they look HOT! A pair of new black heels and about a zillion tops. And I got DH some summer T's and shorts.. it was a good time! I havent boughten clothes in a while because I HATED trying stuff on, and hated buying mega sizes even more!

So I am excited about that. And I am just gonna keep on truckin!

I havent had breakfast yet partly due to running late this morning, So I need to figure out what I want to have... hmmm...

Hope you all have a fantastic day!!

Last edited by WendeeLou; 04-20-2011 at 10:45 AM.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:25 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 174→168.0→135

Height: 4'9''

Sorry for not checking in, I lost this thread. I JUST found out I can subscribe to threads...doi! I am so not forum-savvy lol.
yhahmd is offline   Reply With Quote